“what wasnt wrong with this place worest ever STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 stars

Albany Airport Hotel
946 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY 12110 (Formerly Ramada Latham)   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Albany, New York
“what wasnt wrong with this place worest ever STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I made a reservation at the last min when i came to the front the front desk was nice but after the check inn it was all down hill from there i asked for a king smoking went to the room was no ash tray in the room called the front desk and was told use a cup then there were no down cover on the bed and no wash cloths inn the room so the front desk guy to me to change rooms so i did once in the new room even worse hair in the tube and no wash cloths in the new room so he told me to come back to the front desk to get wash cloths once at the desk again he told me he has to give me bath towels to wash omg and after all of that the housekeeper is knocking on my room door at 9 am i went to the door and she asks me do i need anything i said i thought checkout is at 11 and she got pissed off with me cuz i told here that PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STAFY FAR FAR AWAY

Room Tip: go to holiday inn up the street
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
clifton, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I think I would opt to camp before staying at this Ramada again. We were there last week for 2 nights while attending a family funeral in Troy. We had to book last minute so a lot of our first choices were already sold out and we were not looking to spend a ton of money with this being an unexpected trip. We found this Ramada online. We had low expectations going in due to the price of the room but even with low expectations we were not prepared for what we got. This place is old, run down, filthy dirty, trash everywhere, cobwebs hanging from ceiling in room, broken furniture, burnt out light bulbs, sopping wet carpet by the sink, and very dusty. It felt like a step above a homeless shelter. Looked like many people were living there on a regular basis- kind of sad. A few rooms had grills out in front of the room. I killed a cockroach in the bathroom in the a.m.. The dumpster right in front of the rooms was overflowing, looked like it had not been emptied in several weeks. I was there with other family members, we had 4 rooms total and everybody's room was terrible. We did not feel safe at this place either, my sister and I were ready to share a room even though we had pre-paid for our own rooms we felt that unsafe. Both of my sisters were certain they saw a rat running across the lobby floor at different times! Ramada should be ashamed to have their name attached to this place. Even if you think you can "handle anything for just one night" go somewhere else. This is an unbearable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Barrington, RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I have never stayed in a more filthy hotel. I should have checked out upon checking in. When my daughter and I arrived it was late, she wanted to leave but for some reason I didn't. There was caution tape outside our room. The bathroom had mold all over it. In the morning I noticed a hanger that had cobwebs that had been there awhile. Bugs. Walking back to the lobby the next morning to check out, you could see the concrete from the upper walkways had fallen and was missing in sections. The little area where brochures are kept had been vacuumed or swept in ages. Trash everywhere. The pool was green. When my sister had to leave earlier in the morning, with her daughter to go to the airport, she decided not to come back, as she didn't even want to sit in the lobby. Her daughter couldn't find her shoes, and looked under their bed, there was trash, bottles,cans, underneath. I have never stayed in a more filthy hotel. One night was one night too many. Beware!!! Wish I wold have had a camera with me!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night . Girl at desk was very helpful and polite. Was always greeted with a smile. Not the best ramada but serves it's purpose, gives you a nice comfortable bed and a bathroom at a reasonable rate. Very close to everything you need. Serves a decent cold breakfast enough to get your day going. Would stay here again

• Stayed July 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

Lock on door was broken for the week I stayed there and they had no intention of fixing it! So when i left anyone could just walk in.Scuzzy, seemed like a pay by the hour motel,looks like a crack den. Falling apart too , they should be embarrassed

• Stayed August 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

Where do I start, they have a pool but it is green, It's the end of July and the pool still isn't open. Continental breakfast with fruit flies swarming around the juice machine. One of the entrances has been blocked off for 2 weeks because of broken tiles on the floor and it hasn't been fixed yet. Garbage cans outside full and not emptied so people pile trash on top of and around the trash cans. I am working in the area and they have a special rate for the job site I'm at so I have been here for 3 week's and got fresh sheets for the first time just 2 days ago. No soap, paper towels or toilet paper in the dispensers in the restrooms near the lobby. Non English-speaking cleaning staff which makes it difficult to communicate when you need something in the room. You then need to go to the front desk and ask for things. Cops at the hotel every other day for one thing or another. Take this review to heart, you can't get a true review from someone that checks in today and is gone tomorrow.

• Stayed July 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Over Presidents Day Weekend I had made online reservations through Ramada.com. Upon arrival was told that there were "no rooms" availalbe. I explained I had a reservation and the gentleman at the front desk responded "I don't care what you have, hun, there's nothing I can do" He did not even both to look up my reservation or provide me with alternate options.
I proceeded to inquiry further (being in a strange city without a place to stay) and was repeatedly called "hun" (which I find offensive as a woman traveller) and was then told that the hotel rooms were "dirty and filthy rooms"

Ultimately I was left with nowhere to stay and an unchecked reservation!!
After 3 HOURS with customer care offices that were closed!!! I was told that I could get compensated 59 dollars for the reservation!

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Albany Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!