“Staff Very Friendly and Helpful - Nice Road Trip Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 17 hotels in Latham
Dayville, Connecticut
“Staff Very Friendly and Helpful - Nice Road Trip Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Very nice newer hotel, clean, convenient and close to many good restaurants. We suggest eating at Dakota's Steak House. The bed was very comfortable, the room and bath were large and very quiet. Good breakfast too! The front desk clerk was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Found a bug in my room and had a bite. When I called the front desk they did change my room, but I asked that the bug be analyzed to see if it was bed bug and saved it in a cup for the night clerk to pick up. I called the next day to see if they had results and now it has been week and noone has responded. I did preventive measures including throwing out my cloth suitcase, but given the labor and cost (not to mention it being disgusting) if I ended up bringing bed bugs to my home I would expect more of a response.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
vpolonsky, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
Per leading pest control company that we are using the bug found was not a bed bug. We have a contract with Orkin and take these issues very seriously. The room was fully inspected by the Orkin professional. I also would like to say that this problem is NOT a cleanliness issue.
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

The room was nice, bed was comfortable, and the front desk was very friendly. The breakfast was good too. My only complaint is that I could here the water running from the adjacent room

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Everything about this hotel was great. The service, the staff, the room, the cleanliness, and yes, the free breakfast too. Everyone was extremely helpful and glad to be of service. Now that's refreshing!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Swansea, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Online reservations were all ready when we arrived. Front desk was pleasant and gave us great directions for morning breakfast and where rooms were located. Room was clean and bathroom spotless.
As we entered or left the hotel the front desk always spoke to us. It was a special day(our sons 48th birthday). We traveled from MA to celebrate with him. Holiday Inn made it a great trip to remember.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I must say I am a regular at this hotel. I stay here whenever I am in the area. I find this hotel being the best hotel in town and the newest. The staff is consistent and sincere, the management is always there, and it really feels like these people enjoy working together.
About a week ago I came across the tripadvisor reviews for the hotel and was shocked, it is full of angry negative reviews. So I have asked the front desk, how come there are so many negative reviews and was told that many of them are posted by the picketers outside.
I have decided to write this review in the hope that all the non-union workers in this country, who realize that unions destroy America, will support the hotel in their fight against lazy union picketers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

My husband and I go to Saratoga Racetrack every year and stay in the Latham area due to the location to the track and the price of the hotel. This year we decided to try the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Latham.

We were greeted warmly by the front desk and all our needs for the room were met immediately (extra hangers, towels, extra suitcase valet, etc.).

That weekend the hotel was booked heavily and the breakfast bar was packed. The breakfast bar hostess, Karen, made the biggest impression on us. She somehow managed to handle the crowds with ease and there was plenty of delicious food. Karen was very accommodating and gracious to even the most demanding people in the room. I would have been pulling my hair out, but she handled he pressure well. Please extend a personal thank you to Karen for doing her job so well. She is one of the reasons we will choose Holiday Inn Express in Latham next year.

Pat & Bob Gradia
41 Ridge Avenue
Ephrata, PA 17522
[--]

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham? Share your experiences!