“My Retirement Party at Frank's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Frank's Grilled is located 1/2 mile East of Central Avenue near the corner of Bowen Road in the center of Lancaster
LANCASTER, NY
“My Retirement Party at Frank's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

If you could write a movie about the most perfect Retirement Party location, it would have to be Frank's! My Party was 9/18 and was overwhelming!!! I had anticipated 40-50 people, but I had around 75 guests!!! EVERYONE raved about the place, the food and the exceptional servers!
Thank you so much to Laurie, Kate and Angel (appropriate name)! They were all Marcia's angels!!!
Thanks to Dan and Angie on the superb food and service!! Unfortunately, I think Fridays at Franks will be much busier now because of my party. Everyone wants to come back!!
Thank you, Thank you, a million times thank you!
Marcia and Spanky Haas
RETIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

lancaster,ny
“Good Food, Bad Service Spoils the meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I went to Frank's to nite for dinner with my wife and sister, something we do almost every friday for the past few months. I realize Fridays are busy and things can get crazy for the staff. Some of the waitstaff were obviously new. The drink order went well, the service deteriorated quickly after that--no plates with appetizers, bus service trying to remove plates for dishes that had yet to be served, servers disappearing before we finished ordering,turning their backs on us to say hello to someone and messing up the order, chatting at the bar with patrons and workers when you are tyring to get their attention, mixed up orders, cold coffee,a long wait to get another rude server's attention to the cold coffee,a long wait for the bill, a longer wait to pay...it goes on. At least three other tables were receiving the same level of service and simply got up and left.Franks has never been known for its good service--normally it is at least civil and competent. This was just not excusable in any fashion it's not likely that i'll be back anytime soon.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, California
“Never a bad experience at Franks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I was reading some of the negative reviews at Franks... First of all there is no outdoor seating so the reviewer that stated they were kicked out; well I got to believe they were not in the WNY Franks. Second bad review I read spending $120 with the family and getting kicked out... Me and a buddy of mine spend $120 and think it’s a cheap night out! Bottom-line don't be dis'n Franks if you've never actually been there. It's a great, family type tavern. Nothing fancy, be prepared for great food at reasonable prices. It can get loud in there, but that's WNY locals for you.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancaster, New York
“Good food, fair service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011 via mobile

All the people getting booted, small places like Franks can't afford 8 or 10 people sitting around an hour after eating to just sit & talk. They arnt big enough for that. When done eating, leave! Go to Olive Garden or Tully's if you want to sit & talk for an hour after dinner. As for them being rude, I admit, they can be & I am a regular there. They sure don't go out of their way to be pleasant, thats for sure. All I know is if I saw 5 parties get seated before me, I would have stood up & asked how much longer. No soup for you!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alden, New York
“waited one and a half and still more parties taken ahead of ours!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I have to say after hearing that the food was good I never expected to be treated the way we were before we were even seated. In fact we waited so long to be seated,1 hour and a half,that we left. We originally were told that it would be a 45 minute wait. Usually we would have waited it out if it was that busy but we sat at the bar and watched at least 5 parties that came in after us get seated. They didn't call out the parties name-they waved them over and they were taken ahead of us. That should of clued us in that if you know somebody you can just walk in and get seated. We waited and extra half hour -just in case we were wrong but more parties were seated. So we left and we don't intend to go back. We would not recommend wasting your time like we did unless of course you know someone there.
Tom for 2.