“We had a great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Side Brela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brela
Beach Side Brela
You added Beach Side Brela to your Saves list
Jardula 18, Brela 21322, Croatia   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Brela
Pitesti
“We had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

My partner and I spent 6 days at Brela. We really liked it there.
Yes, there are very steep steps that you need to climb when you're coming back from the beach, but even so we will be back in Brela if we have the opportunity again.

The view from the balcony was great, the room had all we need it. And if something is missing there, Annette will make sure you will get it.
We sure had a great time there and we both think we made the right choice going to Beach side Brela !

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
torino
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

I spent two weeks at Beachside Brela in the month of August 2008. I must say it's a perfect place for young couples and friends, middle aged people may have some troubles.
Rooms are quite small, sometimes troubles with parking, a long row of stairs to get to the sea. But.
The view from the terrace...great
...and the place is lovely, the beaches are very nice and relaxing.
I loved Brela.
The management of the house were very very nice and kind and they helped me in everything and everyway they could, even with the paying troubles through internet.

Thankyou very much.

Stayed August 2008
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

Although view stunning, accom was very disapointing. I can't believe previous reviewers failed to mention the very steep steps you need to climb when coming back from the beach - it was exhausting. Parking is a nightmare and the walk to Brela is quite a trek especially during the day as no shade.

Stayed June 2008
Carlsbad, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

We had a wonderful time in Brela and the accomadations were great! We were greeted promptly by a young gentleman and shown to our room which was spacious, clean and had a breathtaking view of the adriatic. We were travelling to Croatia for the first time with our 21 month old daughter and this is the perfect spot for travelling with youngsters. Beach Side Brela is conveniently located with many small cafes and restaurants in the area. As many areas on the Makaraska Riviera can be overcrowded during the summer months, this was a perfectly quaint town in comparison. Also, the booking/reservation process was very simple and efficient. I highly recommend Brela and this accomadation specifically.

I couldn't help but notice the poor review written by a lady who said that no one was there to greet her and her family. We were at Beach Side Brela this past June (2008), and as I said, were greeted promptly, so I wouldn't be concerned from this point of view.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

Beachside Brela was the best stop of my trip! Sure, it was hard to find and a little difficult to communicate with the on-site staff, but once we found it and got to our room...the view was breath-taking. Every morning, we woke up, sat on the balcony, and just soaked in the amazing view of the sea. We walked up the hill and bought groceries to make breakfast in our outdoor kitchen. I never wanted to leave!!

Make sure you bring a lot of cash or are up for a 50-minute walk to town (the nearest ATM). However, if you just want some pure relaxation in a beautiful setting with some of the friendliest people, you are in for a treat at Beachside Brela.

Also, if you have a blackberry (which we did) you can email Annette with any concerns and get a very prompt response and call to the staff. It was perfect!

Stayed July 2008
Greensboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Unfortunately, I must write a poor review of this property because our experience with Beach Side Brela was not good. I had contacted the manager directly, who lives in California, booked a 3 night stay, and paid for one night's accommodation. Annette Ivanko, the manager, asked me to send her cash or a cashier's check to California, and stupidly, I did so. Well, you guessed it, when my family arrived in Brela there was no one there. We even took a picture of the house to prove we had been there. We talked to 3 different neighbors, all said that no one was at the home and hadn't been since last summer. We were forced to go to homes (Sobes) directly and knock on doors to find a place to stay for the 3 nights. We we arrived back in the states, I found an email from Annette asking why we never showed up. Yes, she was still in Ca., but someone was there to meet us. (she said) She refused to refund my money; I should have listened to the voice in my head that said don't send cash. Croatia is a beautiful country and I highly recommend a visit there. There are lots of Sobes there to stay in that are right on the beach and wonderful, however Beach Side Brela is not one of them.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — took our money
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cro, Owner/Manager at Beach Side Brela, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
I'm responding to the review that claims that I took her money and ran...it's not true. She was given a full refund. I sent her countless emails helping her plan her trip to Croatia with her family, giving her tips and ideas of where to go and what is great to see. I received her deposit for her June trip. On her check in day there was a storm and my staff was delayed and had not arrived until early afternoon. She had arrived in the morning hours, no one was there and she found another place to stay. My staff was never contacted nor did she return later that day or any other day. I sent her an email asking if everything was o.k. I was worried when my staff told me she did not check in. After speaking with my staff and realizing that we were not there in the morning hours I agreed to return her entire deposit. I felt terrible that she was inconvenienced. Well, to make a long story short, I returned her money and she posted the negative review. She cashed the return of deposit check, I have the canceled check. She emailed me and said would remove the terrible review, I never asked her to. Well, it's been many months now and the review is still posted. I was personally very hurt by her review, so much so that I could not bring myself to respond to the posting until now! March'09. I will continue to strive to run an honest business. I have never been dishonest and I encourage and invite all my past guests to review Beach Side Brela. I will continue to be as helpful to travelers as possible, providing a great place to vacation in Brela. Hopefully in the end most will appreciate my efforts. Thank you for hearing me out.
U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

Croatia has been a destination that my husband and I have been saving for and we finally made our trip this May. One of our favorite locations on the Adriatic Sea was Brela. What an amazing town. I can't say enough good things about it. What made the trip to Brela even more special was that our accomodations at Beach Side Brela was absolutely AMAZING!
Beach Side Brela was perfect for us for a number of reasons. I was worried about being pregnant and traveling to another country, but our stay was made very comfortable by the staff, the rooms, the bathrooms, the proximaty to the beach, and the location with the views is breath-taking. Beach Side Brela by far is the most luxurious home in the area and just looking at pictures of it makes me want to go back year after year.
We also loved that so many things were walking distance. We loved taking long walks on the beach (path) and going for some ice cream at the local cafe. The local cafe down on the beach had great customer service and made us feel welcome as tourists to their beutiful country.
I hope to visit again one day and share the experience with our children.

• Liked — Comfort and Beuty
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Beach Side Brela? Share your experiences!