“My US$35 blouse was stolen from my room...They paid 30UGS which is about US$15.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset International Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jinja
Sunset International Hotel
You added Sunset International Hotel to your Saves list
17 Kira Road, Jinja, Uganda   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Jinja
Sanger, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The general manager was not helpful in resolving my stolen blouse issue and didn't address it until the last morning as we were trying to check out, even though we reported it missing the morning of the day before. Her reasoning was that she couldn't check my bags to be sure I didn't have it packed!!! Stating that 'many people claim to have lost items, then find them later'. I informed her that I would write a review here, for others to see. The room was 'adequate' and compares to a US 3 star, probably. The staff was very friendly, and the location is great, for our purpose. The food was tasty, but not consistent...huge menu, but many items were 'not here today'. The waitstaff was very helpful, and after having the Wellington Steak the first night, which was like leather wrapped in a not-quite-done doughy bisquit, from then on I ordered ''poached fish fillet in a bowl' every night, it was different every night, but quite good...much like a fish stew.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This hotel is comfortable, clean, safe. Nothing fancy but the food is decent, the price is good and the location is excellent for Jinja. It overlooks the Nile River from the top of the hill. Friendly staff. Fifteen minute walk to the centre of the city. Ten minute walk to the Source of the Nile.
A strange little collection of hallways and stairs to the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Nile.