“Worst treatment - Worst Hygiene” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Jalta
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route de la Corniche, Bizerte 7000 , Tunisia   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bizerte
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
“Worst treatment - Worst Hygiene”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

i am writing about Hotel Jalta Bizerte. Nothing worst in Bizerte. Yesterday afternoon i spent sometime at the swimming pool. it was very very filthy. water was dirty side walls of the swimming pool were filthy dirty it looks like they did not touch the tile grouting for years. the worst was that no body is taking care about the general hygiene. swimmers go straight from outside to the water and not passing by the shower. worst of the worst i arrive to the hotel pass by the reception to pay for the pool - 10 dinars - strted using the pool after 45 minutes the swimming guard comes to me and asked me did you pay i answered yes i wanted to show him the ticket he said no then a friend of mine joined me after paying then the same person came to me asked your ticket is for 1 person and you are two anyway to make it short we started an argument and finished by calling the security who was . now here is the worst part after this incident three times i visited the hotel to complain to the management. the receptionist talked to the hotel manager every time he is either busy or not available. at least he could have talked to me over the phone. with this kind of behaviour from the management i am no more surprised about what happened yesterday. Just an advise if you care about your hygiene and dignity think twice before you go there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Basel, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

My partner and I traveled with our own motorcycle from Switzerland trough Tunisia. Therefore we are used to waiting and difficult conditions.
Since we took a room just when we arrived we might have payed more than when you book an all inclusive week. But we don't recommend this anyway! Paying 100-150 USD for a night for both is just a scam!
The rooms were clean and nice and the A/C worked. The breakfast was very poor: Crackers with butter and jam. The orange juice was more an orange liquid than a juice. We expected more for the price.

The staff was nice when I checked in and allowed me to put the bike in the basement. When the disco right in front of the room was still playing loud music after 11pm I couldn't sleep. So I went down to the reception to ask them if they could stop it. They told me they would turn of the music after midnight. 30 minutes past midnight I went down again and the answer was: "Ohh we turned the music off, I didn't say anything about the restaurant in front. (funny thing is that the restaurant is part of the hotel)".

For the pool you have to pay an extra fee (which I don't remember).
I sincerely regret every dollar I spent in this night.

My recommendation: Bizerte is a lovely town and the corniche is just a tourist scam that should be avoided also for an all inclusive week!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Jalta? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Jalta

Address: Route de la Corniche, Bizerte 7000 , Tunisia
Location: Tunisia > Bizerte Governorate > Bizerte
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bizerte
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hotel Jalta 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Jalta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Jalta, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.