It is with a sad feeling Im sitting here in Manta main area and waiting for Eddie the driver to come and take us to Pemba airport. Normally, I tend to miss home after a long journey, but not this time. Not even close.
The trip to Pemba and The Manta Resort has touched me on a completely different level than other destinations and hotels. Exactly how is hard to describe, but I will surely return to this remote, secluded and friendly corner of the world.
Here are some tips on what you can do if you choose to come to Manta:
- Say hi to Ali Omar the manager of the Manta organic farm and let him proudly display all the crops that eventually will be on your dinner plate.
- Let Haji take you on a trip to the sea with a small catamaran built with wood from bambu, mango and mangrove
- Ediie will take you to the Ngezi rain forest. He can also take you to the little coffee shop in Wete for coffee and their famous Halawa.
- If you want to learn to dive, just a talk with David, one of the best instructor I have ever met.
- Have a talk with the kitchen if you want an authentic lunch with Ugali to taste real East African cuisine. Also dont forget to to order a fruit plate with mango, pineapple and passion fruit to die for.
Besides all this, Sele, Ali, Lucas and the other guys will teach you basic Swahili, bring you to their villages and proudly show you their houses.
We will befinitely come back to Pemba and The Manta Resort.