As the family are Club Med travellers, we had something to celebrate and decided to head to Cap Skirring. The one on everyone's to do list.
1) Beautiful renovated Club
2) Great Chef de village. Soirée blanche tombée dans l'eau, the chef is running around with his crew to have everything sorted and willing even in between to go on a picture. Awesome job Jeremy.
3) Stan, golf teacher. Born to do this. Learned a lot. Thx Stan.
4) Please go out and take the excursion Legende d'Afrique. Great day, seen a lot and puts even your own life in perspective.
5) Thank you to Club Med Ghent and Wendy Claeys for arranging a marvelous room. Great service.
One big big big disappointment and unfortunately big part of the trip: crappy Transavia flight. Funny to hear @ the club that even French travelers are heading to Brussels to catch the Dakar Brussels airlines flight. Instead of the Paris Orly one. So even if the management in Paris didn't even have the respect to answer my letter, please do something as your GM's are looking for alternatives.
On top, For a full flight, the only two rear toilets were open. This to keep it quiet for the Gold and silver members in the front. You had a waiting line of more the half of the length of the airplane. Not pleasant for the people with aisle seats, but we had on top persons fainting, who were waiting.
So, GREAAAT club, but as other GM's, happy to come back asap when you have a decent Brussels flight making sure you can go to the toilet in a normal manner.
Caroline, from Belgium, week 5-12 November 2012. With the family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort of Cap Skirring is in the South of Senegal, lying drowsily in the shade of a coconut grove. The natural materials, primitive frescoes and thatched roof bungalows dotted around this tropical garden create a serene and typically African atmosphere. A Village that is loved for its 9-hole golf course, part of which runs along the sea's edge, and for its catamaran trips. Here, time passes to the rhythm of long, relaxing swims, excursions and Club Med Fitness activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Cap Skirring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Cap Skirring Hotel Ziguinchor
- Club Med Ziguinchor
- Ziguinchor Club Med
- Club Med Cap Skirring Senegal/Cap Skiring