Our stay at the Crowne Plaza resort went very well the week of 3/24 - 3/27. I'd say we have no valid complaints with this place.
The rooms are standard hotel rooms but very adequate and comfortable. The pool area served it's purpose & we only saw happy kids there. The lobby is great for after dinner drinks by the fire. The location was good - for the views and walking distance to town. And we didn't see/hear/smell any pets even though this was a pet friendly place (so I read from other reviewers). Fortunately, there were no real crowds during our stay so that perhaps made all the difference.
Our main purpose of the week was to ski Whiteface - and we were lucky to have great spring skiing conditions during our stay.
And again no crowds or events taking place so we didn't wait in line for anything -- oh except on the kids learning center side - the cafeteria service there was painfully slow - recommend that you choose the base lodge for food. And the sign up for kids lessons is very involved so show up an hour before the lesson to get registered.
For food we recommend the Great Aidrondack Steak & Seafood brewery in town which was excellent. Tried a few other pubs /sports bars around town but no success i.e., nothing special menu's or atmosphere... and call ahead to make sure restaurants are open - this time of year not all were.
Everyone's experience will be different based on time of year, events happening locally, weather, etc - but if all comes together like our week did you'll be happy you chose this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of village, overlooking lake, adjacent to Olympic Center. Family owned & operated. Quality & Meetings Service Excellence award winner. Highlights: 245 guest rooms and suites, many with Jacuzzis & fireplaces, 45 holes championship golf, 6 tennis courts, indoor pool & whirlpool, fitness room, extensive meeting space, private beach with paddle & row boats at the Lake Placid Club. Restaurants: MacKenzie's, Great Room Lobby & Bar, The Lake Placid Club Golf House, (year round weddings/special events, and seasonal for lunch) and The Lake Placid Club Boathouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort And Golf Club Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Crowne Plaza