“Best Vacation Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Utica
“Best Vacation Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2007

I went to the Mirror Lake Inn for a weekend vacation with my family. I was immediately impressed with the location and beauty of the Inn. The staff there treated us with such respect and comfort that we felt right at home the entire weekend. We went to the spa and I got the best massage I have ever received; I wish that it didn't have to end. The food was beyond amazing and the waiters and waitresses that took care of us were friendly and fun and made sure everything was perfect. I cannot wait until my next trip to Mirror Lake!

• Liked — The Spa
  • Disliked — Having to leave it.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

We just stayed at the Mirror Lake Inn for the third time, and it was as consistenly wonderful as always. Top notch, friendly staff in every area, great dining, beautiful views and rooms - really, terrific in every way and one of my favorite places to stay, anywhere.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

Everything about Mirror Lake Inn in Lake Placid was wonderful! Every staff member was beyond helpful, friendly, and there to do anything we needed. The room was huge with an amazing view of Mirror Lake. As we walked into our room there was wonderful music playing from the CD alarm clock ... the music was so great, we brought a copy home with us! The lobby is so warm .. not only warm from the fireplace we sat next to and read books, but the ambiance and aroma was incredible! The pool is great for lap swimming and really fun for the family - the decor in the pool is like none I've ever seen. Every restaurant is great ... afternoon lunch on the patio of The Cottage overlooking the lake makes wonderful memories! The staff thinks of everything and leaves nothing out. We visited for Ironman in July and we had a personal note with our finish time waiting at our door when we came home that night! It was our first trip and will definitely not be the last!! AMAZING is all to say about it!!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

Every year my four sisters and I go away together for a weekend together. This year we went to the Mirror Lake Inn in Lake Placid, NY. We arrived on a Friday just in time for afternoon tea and their famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. We stayed in the amazing Skylight Suite. That night we went to "The Cottage" which is part of the Mirror Lake Inn, across the street, for dinner. We felt right at home and enjoyed a wonderful meal together with great food. The staff
throughout the entire weekend was so accommodating and made us all feel like royalty. Saturday we went to their spa/salon. We had massages, pedicures and manicures. My massage was given in a room with a fireplace. Never have I received such special treatment and made to feel so comfortable. We did enjoy the shops in town that day but we were happiest right at the Inn. That night we went to "The View" for dinner right in the Inn and if everything else wasn't enough what a way to end such an amazing weekend. The meal was marvelous. Our weekend at the Mirror Lake Inn was by far the best my sisters and I have ever had. We made many happy memories there and memories we will never forget. Thanks much to the Mirror Lake Inn and their staff. We can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Our Suite,the food and the Spa
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Carleton Place
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

Mirror Lake Inn can not be topped in Lake Placid. There might be a place just as well run but I don't think it's possible. Mirror Lake Inn is a total service experience. The Food. The view. The location. The spa. We will never go anywhere else without comparing them to Mirror Lake Inn. Nothing I say here will prepare you for your stay at this fine Inn. We have already decided to make this Inn an annual event for our family.

Stayed April 2007
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

We generally prefer going to independently owned restaurants, not chains. We don't mind paying for a nice experience. The View came highly recommended and we were impressed with the level of quality in every way. Professional staff. Beautiful room. Great service. Food prep and presentations were every bit as good as our hometown restaurants in San Francisco. So, much to our surprise, this restaurant along with the Kanu at the Whiteface Lodge were the dining highlights of the trip.

Saratoga Springs, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

My friends and I went to the Mirror Lake Inn for a girls weekend in February, 2007. The service at the Inn is top notch and this includes everyone from staff at the spa, hotel and restaurant. Service definitely comes with a smile at the Mirror Lake Inn. We all had a great experience at the spa with our facials, massages and whirlpool. Time spent at the Inn in the hang out areas was as good as I remembered from a previous trip there with my husband. You feel like you could stay forever. The greatest part though was a fantastic dinner at the main restaurant, the View. We all chose seafood and it couldn't have been better. The fish was light, the sauce was fabulous and the salad and dessert were just right. I would highly recommend the Mirror Lake Inn to anyone looking for a great get away. If you want to feel pampered, treated as kindly as staff can be and go away feeling you spent your money wisely, don't hesitate to go to the Mirror Lake Inn.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!