We have been staying at this hotel at least once a year ever since we were married 15 years ago. We love the warm weather in summer and fall, so generally book our stays here during those seasons.
The inn is gorgeous, warm, inviting, and friendly. It is made up of several buildings, all pretty well connected together. Each building seems to have its own personality, and we have loved staying in all of them.
The main lobby is the heart of the Inn, with a bistro, The View (main restaurant) and some super cozy rooms with great Adirondack furniture and roaring fires. You can get board games from the front desk and spend some real quality time with your family. No TV, cell phones, or distractions.
The spa is wonderful, they offer top of the line services. The pool and sauna area are INCREDIBLE. The hot tub is the size of some other hotel pools, and the pool is really big - even has a little wading area for little kids. There is also an outdoor pool for the summer months. And, of course, there's the lake, with a dock, swimming area, paddle boats, canoes, and a beach.
We stay at the Mirror Lake Inn as a family, and with 2 boys (ages 7 and 9) always find lots to fill our days. The beautiful village of Lake Placid is an easy walk with lots to do and see. The Mirror Lake Inn is one of our favorite hotels in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Resort