“Ahhhhhh !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 31 hotels in Lake Placid
oakville
“Ahhhhhh !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Perfect way to prepare for the holidays...a mini getaway ...relax in the spa, swim indoors while watching the snow fall, dream by the fire,sip champagne in the bar overlooking the lake...if you prefer the outdoors, strap on your snowshoes or head to the ski slopes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Den Haag, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I just wrote a review about the bad experience we had at The View restaurant in this hotel. Therefore my overall rating for the hotel could never be more than Average.
The hotel itself is an old charmer; loads of history, well maintained, beautiful view, very nice and helpful staff. But... at this level (four diamonds, paying over $ 600 for a good size suite) one can expect a little more. Old charm is nice if it comes to the classic high quality furniture but the bathroom in our suite was in need of an update; at this level I do not want to climb into a (true, huge) jacuzzi to take a shower under a fixed shower head. Showers should be thermostat controlled as standard at this level. Although it is winter I did notice the old style air-conditioning
I realize the dilemma for the owners but I think they need to bring the hotel up to standard if they want to maintain the high ratings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Mirror Lake Inn during the long Thanksgiving weekend and everything was wonderful! Our room had a beautiful view of the lake with a fireplace and balcony. The hotel is very cozy and the staff was very helpful and professional. It is perfectly located within a easy walk to town so once you get there you can park the car and walk. Thanksgiving dinner was very good and plentiful, cant wait to go back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel with my wife,just a great setting for a hotel right a the edge of the lake.Rooms, these where very large with two queen beds in room which were very clean as one would expect from a hotel of this standard.Beautiful decor and comfy sofas in lounge.Staff very friendly we arrived early and with in thirty minutes we were in our room.Hotel was lovely decorated for Christmas.Loved the freshly made cookies every day.My wife and i have stayed in many four and some five star hotels around the world but this is the best of the best thank you to all the front staff for making our stay such a wonderful stay your friends from Ireland. Andrew/Sharon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hudson Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We can't praise the Mirror Lake Inn enough.

Great location, great rooms, great food. However, a recent incident made me realize how terrific the Mirror Lake Inn is. When I realized that I had lost a favorite shirt months ago I called several possible places where I could have lost it. No reply. Then, returning home one night I found my shirt sent UPS to me in Canada. I thanked the housekeeping managers who had sent it but can't praise the Inn enough. Most hotels, resorts and inns don't care, don't have a real lost and found and if so you know you will never see what you lost.again. These managers also keep the rooms and common areas in the Inn impeccable.

We've traveled all over the world and we now realize that one of the best places to stay is so close to home - the Mirror Lake Inn, very high quality and some great specials.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had an amazing time here with the family over the Thanksgiving holiday. The inn felt very cozy with its beautiful adirondack decor and friendly staff. We appreciated that they took the time to decorate the hotel as soon as Thanksgiving was over. The day after, all the Christmas trees were setup and many other holiday trimmings were being put up all over the property...very nice touch!

Our room had an incredible view of Mirror Lake, and we loved that main street was just a short walk away. We also took a very short drive to Whiteface for opening day on the slopes. Everything was conveniently located to the inn.

We have only stayed at one other luxury hotel in Lake Placid, and we felt much more relaxed here. We came here to escape NYC and the scene that comes with it. At this place, we felt like we could grab a drink, sit in a room with a fireplace without other people checking us out.

The spa was wonderful as well. Within our group, we had a total of four treatments done. The staff was very professional and knowledgeable. The locker room was neat and not crowded. I loved that they accommodated our last minute reservations. I would definitely go back.

The one thing that was an issue for us was the baby cribs that were provided. We had one set up in our room prior to our arrival. The design is very similar to a standard Pack 'n Play. The problem was that as soon as I pulled on one side to move the crib over a couple of feet, the frame unclicked and one arm collapsed. I made sure that I hadn't pushed any of the release buttons and made sure the floor was flat to the ground. It was very wobbly. It was either a really cheap crib or over-used. I set the arm back to make sure it wasn't just a single mishap...but, as soon as i pulled on one side, it happened again. I sent it back telling the attendant that it should be thrown away before a child gets hurt in it. He was very kind and set up a new crib. This time, pulling on the arm did nothing, BUT when i leaned on one arm of the frame, it collapsed. Again, this 2nd crib was very wobbly. We travel extensively and own 3 Pack 'n Plays, and never has one collapsed with such little effort.

Also, there was not enough lighting in the rooms. I think the dark brown lamp shades absorbed and blocked too much light from the 4 lamps we had on in the room. We had them on their highest brightness settings, but could barely see unless we were right under the lamps.

In general, we would absolutely go back to this hotel and spa, and I would recommend it to friends. I did think it was important enough to mention the crib issue on here so that maybe the hotel could check their crib inventory before a child gets hurt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MLI, General Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for being our guest. We are glad that you had an amazing time with your family over the Thanksgiving Holiday and that you enjoyed the incredible views from your room, the Spa and the service by our Staff.

I want to assure you that we always purchase top of the line products (Graco is a very reputable company), and we inspect our cribs and pack n’ plays regularly and test them before they are set up in a room. Although we could not recreate what you described, to be safe, we have rechecked all of our pack n’plays and cribs to make sure they are sturdy and safe. Again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We look forward to your return!

Carl Gronlund
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I booked a last minute "get away" to this Inn, based on positive reviews. It did not disappoint. Staff were friendly, room was perfect, with view of lake and plenty of space, inc sofa for reading. Really enjoyed the big fires and comfy sofas where we relaxed and enjoyed tea ( plus cookies) after a walk around the lake. Breakfast was superb - high quality with plenty of choices. We returned home rested and will definitely come back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!