I just wrote a review about the bad experience we had at The View restaurant in this hotel. Therefore my overall rating for the hotel could never be more than Average.
The hotel itself is an old charmer; loads of history, well maintained, beautiful view, very nice and helpful staff. But... at this level (four diamonds, paying over $ 600 for a good size suite) one can expect a little more. Old charm is nice if it comes to the classic high quality furniture but the bathroom in our suite was in need of an update; at this level I do not want to climb into a (true, huge) jacuzzi to take a shower under a fixed shower head. Showers should be thermostat controlled as standard at this level. Although it is winter I did notice the old style air-conditioning
I realize the dilemma for the owners but I think they need to bring the hotel up to standard if they want to maintain the high ratings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Resort