“Wonderful Ambiance, Excellent Spa...just one issue.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Save 25% Sunday-Thursday
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
NYC
“Wonderful Ambiance, Excellent Spa...just one issue.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had an amazing time here with the family over the Thanksgiving holiday. The inn felt very cozy with its beautiful adirondack decor and friendly staff. We appreciated that they took the time to decorate the hotel as soon as Thanksgiving was over. The day after, all the Christmas trees were setup and many other holiday trimmings were being put up all over the property...very nice touch!

Our room had an incredible view of Mirror Lake, and we loved that main street was just a short walk away. We also took a very short drive to Whiteface for opening day on the slopes. Everything was conveniently located to the inn.

We have only stayed at one other luxury hotel in Lake Placid, and we felt much more relaxed here. We came here to escape NYC and the scene that comes with it. At this place, we felt like we could grab a drink, sit in a room with a fireplace without other people checking us out.

The spa was wonderful as well. Within our group, we had a total of four treatments done. The staff was very professional and knowledgeable. The locker room was neat and not crowded. I loved that they accommodated our last minute reservations. I would definitely go back.

The one thing that was an issue for us was the baby cribs that were provided. We had one set up in our room prior to our arrival. The design is very similar to a standard Pack 'n Play. The problem was that as soon as I pulled on one side to move the crib over a couple of feet, the frame unclicked and one arm collapsed. I made sure that I hadn't pushed any of the release buttons and made sure the floor was flat to the ground. It was very wobbly. It was either a really cheap crib or over-used. I set the arm back to make sure it wasn't just a single mishap...but, as soon as i pulled on one side, it happened again. I sent it back telling the attendant that it should be thrown away before a child gets hurt in it. He was very kind and set up a new crib. This time, pulling on the arm did nothing, BUT when i leaned on one arm of the frame, it collapsed. Again, this 2nd crib was very wobbly. We travel extensively and own 3 Pack 'n Plays, and never has one collapsed with such little effort.

Also, there was not enough lighting in the rooms. I think the dark brown lamp shades absorbed and blocked too much light from the 4 lamps we had on in the room. We had them on their highest brightness settings, but could barely see unless we were right under the lamps.

In general, we would absolutely go back to this hotel and spa, and I would recommend it to friends. I did think it was important enough to mention the crib issue on here so that maybe the hotel could check their crib inventory before a child gets hurt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MLI, General Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for being our guest. We are glad that you had an amazing time with your family over the Thanksgiving Holiday and that you enjoyed the incredible views from your room, the Spa and the service by our Staff.

I want to assure you that we always purchase top of the line products (Graco is a very reputable company), and we inspect our cribs and pack n’ plays regularly and test them before they are set up in a room. Although we could not recreate what you described, to be safe, we have rechecked all of our pack n’plays and cribs to make sure they are sturdy and safe. Again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We look forward to your return!

Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I booked a last minute "get away" to this Inn, based on positive reviews. It did not disappoint. Staff were friendly, room was perfect, with view of lake and plenty of space, inc sofa for reading. Really enjoyed the big fires and comfy sofas where we relaxed and enjoyed tea ( plus cookies) after a walk around the lake. Breakfast was superb - high quality with plenty of choices. We returned home rested and will definitely come back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Princeton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on Sunday night after Thanksgiving on their spa package. The location is beautiful and the hotel is quiet and expansive. The spa was wonderful. The entire location was very clean and well kept.

Our only negative was a room that got very warm despite turning down the thermostat. For a one night stay it was not worth changing rooms so we opened the sliding balcony door for some cool air.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just spent the weekend in Lake Placid. I booked a room at another hotel, but wasn't happy with the spa offering there, so went out on foot in search of some relaxation. The minute I walked through the doors of the Mirror Lake Inn, I wished that I had booked a room here, but unfortunately I was already committed elsewhere. We decided to poke our heads down into the spa area and are so glad that we did. The decor was very warm and inviting, with a lovely scent coming from the spa. The staff were welcoming and professional. We booked two massages. I had Chad, my friend was with Peter. We arrived an hour early to use the facilities in the men's locker room, eucalyptus steam room, hot tub, showers and lounge. All were in excellent condition and very nicely put together. Chad arrived in the lounge and gave me one of the deepest massages I have had in my life. Excellent technique. Peter gave my friend an equally excellent massage. Next time I am in Lake Placid I will certainly be booking my room and my spa experience at the Mirror Lake - just loved it!

Room Tip: I would try to get one of the rooms in the original building as opposed to the newer wing out back...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MLI, General Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for being our guest at the Spa. We appreciate your review and glad that you found our staff to be welcoming, professional and that they provided you and your friend excellent treatments. We very much look forward to you staying with us next time so you can enjoy the complete Mirror Lake Inn experience.
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I took a spontaneous trip to Lake Placid. We made the reservation while driving. I narrowed it to a few places but was sold once I saw that Mirror Lake had a spa (especially since we were driving over in the rain). The hotel was very nice. A bit dated but extremely clean! The spa was nice and met my expectations. Their restaurant was very good as well. Overall, we felt that we made a good selection. A fantastic breakfast was also included in our room price which was a plus! The hotel is situated nicely on the lake. Just far enough from the center of town (very quiet) but close enough as it was just a short walk over.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MLI, General Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for being our guest! We are glad that you selected us for your spontaneous getaway and that you enjoyed the Spa, dining and location. We look forward to your return.

Ithaca New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

A few summary comments: Warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival, impeccable service from the staff at the front desk and all three restaurants on the premises (Taste, Cottage, The View), perfect location with a view of the lake and mountains and five minutes to all the shops and restaurants in town. We had to opt for one of the cheapest rooms which we found to be clean though not overly interesting. I wasn't worried about the room, however, because the common rooms were so beautiful, particularly the great room with the fireplace and incredible selection of newspapers, magazines and games. I noticed that the staff constantly stoked the fire whenever it started to fade and also straightened the magazines. Cellphones are off-limits (thank god!) so I settled into one of the couches and read a book I've been trying to find time to read for months and just enjoyed the tranquility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, the service, staff, location and views! We get many positive comments about our chocolate chip cookies, the wood burning fire in our living room, our no talking on cell phone policy and especially the service our staff provide. They are the best. Thank you for recognizing this. We look forward to your return to tranquility again!

Leo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a surprise. This old inn, nestled in the adirondacks, will not disappoint. I went there last week for a 3 night getaway with my 74 yr. old mother. I debated whether to spend the $650 per night(ouch) for a room down on the lake in what they call the "cottage". Instead, I forked over a doable$350 per night for a classic room up in the main building. This room had high ceilings and a fabulous view across the street of Mirror Lake. The only negative i would say is the decor may be a bit shabby for the price of the room-possibly it just needs a bit of updating.

The lobby is beautiful and comfortable. I especially liked the fireplace room with the marvelous moose head above the roaring fire. One can read, play games or just relax with a drink in hand.

The service in the View restaurant was excellent(breakfast was included in my rate) and again we enjoyed a wonderful view.

Take a scenic jog around the lake (2.7 miles I think) Also, the boutique shopping was wonderful in Lake Placid. However, on the last day we chose to search out some of the other fantastic resorts in the area and partake of their cuisine.(Whiteface Lodge)

Lastly, the spa services were heavenly(sugar scrub and Mountain Retreat or something) We enjoyed this immensely and took advantage of the steam room and whirlpool. Exercise facilities were more than adequate.

Room Tip: Classic rooms are the nicest of the lower priced rooms. Ours had a high ceiling, somewhat small bat...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MLI, General Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for being our guest! We are glad that you enjoyed your getaway with your mother, the views, dining and Spa. We look forward to your return!
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa

Been to Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!