My husband and I have been visiting the Mirror Lake Inn for over 15 years now. We discovered this jewel and have since introduced it to many people. Our kids are all adults and they all love it. My son got engaged there. My daughter and her husband had a "babymoon" there before having their first child. This hotel has a very special feel from the moment you walk in the door. The smell alone is captivating. The lobby is absolutely beautiful and the view is beyond belief. We love curling up with a book in front of the fire in the lobby - especially in the winter. We were snowed in there a couple of years ago and it was awesome! The staff is top-notch. The rooms are expensive so we usually try to wait for one of their specials. It's worth it to us though. We just came back from a one night trip and feel 100% refreshed. When we arrived we were disappointed to see that the Adirondack chairs weren't out on the dock. We mentioned that to the desk clerk and she immediately had one of the staff place chairs out there for us. It was chilly but the sun was warm and we sat out there for 2 hours reading. Heaven!! We always make a trip to The Cottage while we're there and we love it. We've tried staying in cheaper hotels in Lake Placid but none of us gives us the feeling that we get when we walk in the door of the Mirror Lake Inn!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Resort