First of all, I'd like to say that this hotel really isn't a bad place to stay, especially for the price. But it does have some negatives that should be discussed, along with the positives. First of all, most of the rooms in the hotel are in the upper building, and are arranged in a large rectangle surrounding the inside pool atrium. This is a two-floor building, and there is NO ELEVATOR OR RAMP GOING TO THE SECOND FLOOR, so if you are handicapped, this is a non-starter. Even the rooms on the first floor are tough for a wheelchair to access. You'd have to get a room in the lower building.
There also aren't many rooms with king beds; most are two queens, so that's another down point. One other thing to mention is that this hotel runs out of things quickly. The pool supposedly has towels for the swimmers, and asks the swimmers NOT to bring their room towels. Yet the pool, more often than not, is out of towels. If you call the main desk, they will bring them up in about 20-30 minutes, but they seem "put out" when you ask them to do so.
The same thing is true at the complimentary breakfast, which isn't a bad meal for the price of the room. But they run out of things and sometimes take quite a while to replace them. This happened with the eggs yesterday. This morning, when someone asked about getting more fruit in the fruit bowl, the attendant simply replied that "they had run out by 7:30 AM," and it was now 9:00 AM. Well...then get more fruit!!! Nope, it never happened.
That being said, some of the service was actually quite good. The front desk attendant gave us a lot of good info about restaurants and things that were going on around town. Also, housekeeping brought my wife a phone charger for free to replace the one that she had lost, so that was a positive note too.
BTW, this hotel is NOT on Main Street but requires about a half-mile walk to get into town. But it's an easy stroll (with a couple of hills), and the sidewalk is in good shape the entire way.
All told, this is a decent hotel that costs less than many of the other local hotels, and I would return there, accepting the inconsistent service as a price of the reduced rate. It really isn't that bad of a place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unbeatable destination for skiing adventures, golf getaways, Olympic experiences and other outdoor pursuits, Comfort Inn on Lake Placid offers affordable and comfortable lodgings on the shores of Lake Placid in the heart of the Adirondack Park. Just minutes from the world-famous ski destination, Whiteface Mountain, this hotel is ideal for families, groups and even solo adventurers.The Comfort Inn on Lake Placid features deluxe full hot breakfast served daily, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a year-round indoor heated pool and hot tub. For groups and meetings, our hotel also boasts versatile meeting/banquet space for up to 350 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Venere, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Quality Inn Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Comfort Inn Lake Placid Ny
- Lake Placid Comfort Inn