“Good Basic Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Harrisburg, PA
“Good Basic Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

I stayed at the Econo Lodge Lake Placid on 3/2/05. Upon arriving at midnight, the pleasant front desk clerk had our keys waiting for us and took the time to orient us to the town and surrounding mountains. Our room/bathroom was exceptionally clean. This hotel is about 3 minutes away from downtown Lake Placid, and about 10 minutes from Whiteface. A good bargain for our short stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gulpen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

One of the cheapest alternatives in Lake Placid. Rooms are clean and have good beds. The first room we got had the toilet running. The employee at the desk was very friendly and gave us a different and better room. The water in the swimming pool looked a bit unhealthy.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2004

Well, talk about a lousy start.

First off, two different desk clerks on two different days could not tell us how to get there from I87. When we called, one simply told us "I don't know." The other gave us the wrong exit. The desk folk were pretty consistantly bored and uninterested. Surprised me for a resort town, Econolodge or not.

The rooms are standard motel fare. For $100 a night, I didn't expect much, but I thought it would be a little better than this. Its nice that they have an indoor pool, I have to say.

The muffins and coffee and whatever in the lobby for breakfast are predictably a joke, but that's usual. I guess we felt like, if you're going to charge more than your average Econolodge, you should be a little better than your average Econolodge.

I know its an Econolodge, I get that. But I mean, c'mon. its Lake Placid ... shouldn't you at least be nice and be able to explain how to get there?

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2003

After climbing Mount Marcy, I stayed in Lake Placid for the night and left the next morning. I stayed at an Econo Lodge, which was very affordable and clean. Strolled through town the next morning and had breakfast at a restaurant overlooking the lake. Absolutely gorgeous. I also visited John Brown's farm, which was quite interesting. The guide there was very friendly and informed. It's a beautiful little town with a lot of hoity toity stores (maybe too many). My only complaint was with the mountain trails. If you're planning on climbing Marcy, or any of the other high peaks, bring your own guidebooks, because there just wasn't enough information at the parking lot.

Been to Econo Lodge Lake Placid? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Lake Placid

Address: 5828 Cascade Road, Lake Placid, NY 12946
Location: United States > New York > Lake Placid
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Lake Placid 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Econo Lodge Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
Econolodge Lake Placid
Lake Placid Econo Lodge

If you own or manage Econo Lodge Lake Placid, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.