I'd have given the Econolodge 3 stars, but four things happened:
1. A wedding party was staying there and a number of them stayed out in the parking lot under our balcony till about 4:30 am, smoking and making noise. Why would the hotel allow this at the expense of the other guests?
2. The air conditioner was noisy too, even though it still couldn't drown out the partygoers;
3. I got a close look at the carpeting when I had to retrieve something from the floor. Filthy and sticky. The hallways and entries were bad too.
4. We came back on Saturday at 2:30 pm and our room had not been serviced, leaving us with a pile of damp towels and a full wastebasket.
$130 a night isn't so cheap that I could overlook these things. It was a much nicer place 7 years ago when we stayed there last. The free breakfasts are very mediocre, the ice machine outside our room wasn't working but was pinging and zinging constantly. Very disappointing overall.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Choice Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Econo Lodge Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Econolodge Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Econo Lodge