My boyfriend and I spent the weekend in Lake Placid and the Golden Arrow was one one of the only decent hotels that had rooms on short notice. Our room itself was pleasant and clean, though the nicely marbled shower had low water pressure and we found that keeping a constant temperature was tricky. A key factor in our choice of this hotel was the indoor hottub so we were disappointed to find that it was only about 90 degrees and had a constant cold stream of water coming directly in from the pool. We stayed only a few minutes and sadly left because it simply wasn't pleasant. A complaint to the front desk brought a confusing answer with something about how guests complained that it gets too hot. Regardless, the lobby was nicely appointed with comfy couches and a gas fireplace, so we warmed outselves there a couple of times. The staff were a bit unprofessional and joked around too casually while guests were near, and in the parking garage we found two housekeeping staff smoking while sitting on the hood of our car.
Still, we loved the hotel location and views of Mirror Lake and would certainly return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid