“LOVE the room, everything else ehhh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

You added Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2559 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946 (Formerly Golden Arrow Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Spring BOGO Sale
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Highland Lakes
“LOVE the room, everything else ehhh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel. My fiancé and I stayed in one of the deluxe suits so we had a balcony view of the lake, a jacuzzi tub, and fireplace!! We didn't want to ever leave the room in a non-sexual way. The room was just SO NICE! The front desk staff was a little rude and could not be bothered when we checked in, but it was around midnight. The parking is ridiculous. My fiancé has a large truck and there was no parking in the main lot so we were told to use one of the underground garages- which his truck was too big for. We had to PAY for additional parking in the lot across the street each day for our entire stay. The hotel is right near everything and we walked everywhere. Cute shops and places to eat in the town. We woke up in the morning to a great view, people ice skating, and dog sledding. I would recommend this hotel!!! Just don't loose your room key- they charge you $5 per key!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Nikki L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Golden Arrow. It’s fantastic that you were so happy with your room. It’s been a very cold winter and so I’m sure sitting front of the fire was very enjoyable for you.

We all, here at the resort, realize that one of the first impressions you get when you arrive is how you are received at the front desk, no matter what time it is. I apologize that you found the night front desk staff to be rude; I have spoken with them about this review and really don’t think it will happen again.

Unfortunately there is not too much we can do about our parking situation. We actually have more parking than most hotels in the area. It is very rare that we can’t find a spot for one of our guests, even if they are driving a large truck, so I sincerely apologize it happened for you.

I thank you for the recommendation and I truly hope to see you at the Golden Arrow again soon.

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Saugerties, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have never written a review, but I have to comment on this fantastic hotel!

We recently returned from a wonderful getaway in Lake Placid, Whiteface, and the Golden Arrow, which my husband and I agree was our best hotel experience....ever!

For starters, we have a family of 6, so finding hotel rooms that can accommodate us is often a problem. Golden Arrow had not just one, but several options, which is what drew us to the property in the first place. Then, when we decided to upgrade, we were presented with options that worked even better for us! All of our questions were answered by friendly, knowledgeable representatives. I should know, I had a lot of them and they were all fielded competently and graciously.

When a snowstorm forced us to change our plans and arrive a night early, the hotel was able to accommodate us and had us in our room swiftly even though we arrived late at night. Then, the staff efficiently moved our luggage to our reserved accommodations the following day. My husband and I panicked briefly when we realized our son's handmade blanket was not placed with the rest of the luggage in the morning (our bad, not GA's), but rejoiced to find that even this treasure had been kept safe by housekeeping and was at the desk waiting for us!

EVERYONE on the staff, from front desk to housekeeping was extremely polite and friendly and - imagine this - looked like they enjoyed their jobs! Could this, perhaps, be a reflection of overall excellent management? I am inclined to say "yes!"

Not to be overlooked in our wonderful stay: Lovely location on the lake and right in the heart of town (we parked and walked to everything), VERY COMFORTABLE beds (as good as ours at home!), extra pillows on the bed, thick and thirsty towels, fireplaces, lake views, a guest book that provided helpful information about the area AND it's history, good mugs for our coffee that felt nice to hold, indoor garage parking (very convenient in a snowstorm), personal care products that were not only "green" but very high quality, a recycling program, and the overall "green" orientation of the property, which includes interpretive artwork in the halls which - very helpful in educating our whole family on how even little things can mean a lot.

In fact, that may sum our experience: all of the little things here work to create an overall excellent experience!

PS: The "Green Roof" was covered in snow when we were there, but aside from it's obvious "green" impact, we thought it was a brilliant use of a space that might otherwise be an unsightly rooftop. It must be lovely, during the growing season, to see the garden and lake while dining!

PPS: Renovations are on going. Our rooms were "newer" than some website pictures show. A pleasant surprise!

Room Tip: For our large family, the Phelps and Normandy rooms which connect worked great!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear 72MTS,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am so very happy that your family of 6 was able to find comfortable accommodations at the Golden Arrow. We pride ourselves on being the most family-friendly resort in Lake Placid so it’s fantastic to know that we delivered that for you.

You said so many amazing things in your review that it’s difficult to point them all out here. One of my favorites was that you said it looked like every one of our staff members was extremely polite, friendly, and looked like they enjoyed their jobs. The Golden Arrow is a great place to work and it’s great that our guests are able to tell that and benefit from it. I also thank you for pointing out our lovely location and in room amenities.

I hope you will stay with us again next time you visit Lake Placid. Maybe you will want to try the Panther or Morningside Suite; both are great options for a family of six. Again, thank you for your review; I truly appreciate all of your kind words. I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Went to get away fell in love in more ways then my new place to go. Going again aril 2014 already booked. Stayed in haystack so worth every penny, couldn't begin to explain how great a must see must stay recommended to any one, you will find yourself so pleased with your stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Ginellehunter,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and recommendation. I’m very glad we are your “new place to go.” It is easy to fall in love with the Haystack room; it is one of my favorite rooms as well :). We look forward to having you again in April. I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again.

Lagrangeville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at the Golden arrow a few months ago.
Stayed in the haystack suite.loved it.
This is the best hotel in lake placid.
Great views,wonderful rooms,affordable,and very comfortable.
It is a complete gem.
I will not go anywhere else.
Going again in April.
Sabrina Hansen

Room Tip: Stay in rooms with view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Sabrina,

Thank you very much for reviewing your great experience at the Golden Arrow. It’s wonderful that you enjoyed your stay in the Haystack Specialty Room; I love that room as well! Your kind words really mean a lot to us, I’m glad you think we’re the best in Lake Placid (I happen to think so too, but I might be biased ;)). I look forward to your return in April; I wish you safe and happy travels until then.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Golden Arrow in Feb. The weather was very cold, but we enjoyed every minute of our stay. We had a room on the ground floor overlooking the lake. The bed was very comfortable and the room was large. We enjoyed the ice skating right outside the back door! We did have breakfast at their restaurant and it was very good and reasonably price with the added bonus of not having to go outside. The location of this hotel is fantastic...right on the lake and in the middle of everything in town. I also used the fitness room, which had nice equipment. I visited the pool briefly, but it was a little cool for me. I'm sure kids would be fine. I took a soak in the hot tub. One was very hot, but the other was perfect. My husband and I have stayed at several hotels in Lake Placid, but I think this one had the best location and amenities for the price. Would love to visit in the summer!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear sherpa06,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Golden Arrow. I’m so glad you found our beds comfortable and we recently renovated our fitness room so it’s wonderful to hear you enjoyed that equipment as well. Skating around Mirror Lake has been one of my personal favorite winter activities this year, I’m glad you were able to skate as well!

Since you've stayed at other hotels in the area, your kind words are especially appreciated. I hope you will come back and stay with us this summer. Thank you again!

Ossining, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We came for a romantic weekend, and stayed in the Normandy suite, the one that has the large jacuzzi tub. Well, the jacuzzi really was as great as advertised; large and comfortable, and so was the bathroom itself. The room itself was spacious, with wood-burning fireplace (firewood was kindly provided, and more than we could burn), large king size bed and large comfortable couch. We couldn't use the balcony because it was very cold, but the view of the lake was beautiful. I can only imagine how magnificent it is in the summer. We had a microwave and coffee maker, so we could enjoy nice tea time in the evenings.
We went to their restaurant for breakfast, and were pleasantly surprised to find breakfast buffet for only 10 dollars per person; which was filling and delicious, great before a strenuous hike.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. Location on the Main street makes it easy to go into "town" to enjoy some souvenir shopping or to find a place to eat.
However, this room has a connecting door to the adjacent room, to make it into one large suite I guess; and as a result, you can hear anything and everything that goes on in the other room. So much for privacy.. Also, I was surprised to find out that there were no tissues provided, which is a usual amenity in all the hotels I stayed. I don't know whether it has to do with them being "green", but it was inconvenient.
Parking garages were a little bit of a maze.. but we figured it out. Just go slow :)

Room Tip: If you want privacy and quiet, don't choose the room with connecting door. Overall, the walls ar...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Aleksandra L,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Golden Arrow. It seems that you thouroughly enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that you were able to use the Jacuzzi tub in your room, wood burning fire place, take in the beautiful view, and enjoy a delicious breakfast while you were here.

I apologize that being connected to another room was disruptive to you. Maybe next time you stay with us you might try our Haystack Specialty Room or Algonquin Suite; Both of those rooms have Jacuzzi tubs as well as wood burning fireplaces, but are not connected to any other room.
We actually do have boxes of tissues in all of our rooms, in Normandy they are in the vanity so it's possible that the tissue was not sticking out of the box making it difficult to see. We would have been happy to bring you up another box if you would have shared that complaint with us while in house. I apologize that it was an inconvenience to you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I hope you will visit us this summer, it is a very different, but equally beautiful experience. I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again.

New York NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Got us a Groupon deal and boy was it well worth it. I have been visiting Lake Placid on and off for many years but never stayed here. Cannot beat its location on Main Street and on Mirror Lake which our room opened up to, and with the added benefits of having easily and readily available to us the use of canoes, kayaks, etc. for our enjoyment. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast in the restaurant very good, and loved the fact that they have a Green Roof Garden where they grow produce to use in their kitchen. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: lakefront room opening to beach/lake for easy access
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear TonyNYC-NY,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the Golden Arrow. It’s wonderful that you were able to give us a try this time around for your trip to Lake Placid. I’m glad you enjoyed our unbeatable location, complimentary boats, friendly staff, and restaurant complete with green roof!

Thank you, again, for your review. I look forward to your return to the Golden Arrow. I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again. :)

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Been to Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!