“Wonderful Hotel and Fabulous Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

You added Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2559 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946 (Formerly Golden Arrow Hotel)   |
Special Rate
B&B - Rates start at $79
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
New York NY
“Wonderful Hotel and Fabulous Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Got us a Groupon deal and boy was it well worth it. I have been visiting Lake Placid on and off for many years but never stayed here. Cannot beat its location on Main Street and on Mirror Lake which our room opened up to, and with the added benefits of having easily and readily available to us the use of canoes, kayaks, etc. for our enjoyment. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast in the restaurant very good, and loved the fact that they have a Green Roof Garden where they grow produce to use in their kitchen. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: lakefront room opening to beach/lake for easy access
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear TonyNYC-NY,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the Golden Arrow. It’s wonderful that you were able to give us a try this time around for your trip to Lake Placid. I’m glad you enjoyed our unbeatable location, complimentary boats, friendly staff, and restaurant complete with green roof!

Thank you, again, for your review. I look forward to your return to the Golden Arrow. I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again. :)

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Seaford, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and were extremely pleased. It's not fancy but it is clean and the beds are comfortable. The lake view rooms are a great value with a nice expansive view of beautiful Mirror Lake. The indoor pool area is fantastic with two whirlpools and a well kept pool. Sometimes little things matter like the fact that it only costs 1 quarter to play foosball or billiards in their game room. On a rainy day it kept us and the kids occupied. It is in town and a short walk to some great restaurants and quaint shops. My one criticism is the parking area. I have a small car and it is difficult to navigate into a spot in their underground garages. For those with large vehicles outdoor parking is the best option. Overall, the Golden Arrow is a great value for Lake Placid.

• Stayed February 2014
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Dave M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the Golden Arrow. It sounds like you and your family were able to enjoy many aspects of the resort, that’s fantastic. It’s great that you were able to use the pool, enjoy the beautiful view from your room, play in the game room, and walk to many of the quaint shops on Main Street.

I apologize that the parking situation was difficult for you. We try to do our best to help guests find adequate parking, but I realize that it can sometimes be tight. Luckily there are many places you can walk to from the hotel so I hope you were able to park your car and leave it for a while.

I thank you again for your wonderful review and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This past July was our fourth visit to Lake Placid and our third year at Golden Arrow. Each year we have extended our stay, and next year we will be there for a full week. The staff is great. They are extremely pet friendly, the facilities are great, and we are very glad they are so committed to protecting the environment. We also enjoy eating at Generations. All in all, we think Golden Arrow is the best hotel in Lake Placid!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear eajsalzer,

Thank you for naming us the best hotel in Lake Placid! I happen to have the same opinion ;). It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoy our pet friendliness, commitment to being ‘green’, and restaurant Generations. We will see you in July, until then, I wish you safe and happy travels.

Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was our 7th trip to the area of the past 30+ years. We've noticed this resort over the years but for some unexplained reason never consider it as a place to stay. On our last visit (4 years ago) we met a couple that raved about it so we were determined to give it a try. So glad we did. Our room was comfortable and cleans. We had a great view from our room, loved having a Kurig coffee maker and fridge, loved that the resort is "green", loved the employees, loved the location, etc. We will absolutely go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle F,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I’m very glad you were able to give us a try for your most recent visit to Lake Placid. It’s great that you loved our comfortable and clean guest rooms as well as the view from your room, Keurig coffee maker and fridge.

We can’t wait to have you back for your next visit to the area. Again, thank you for your kind words.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

For the price and location my husband and I agree this is the best place to stay. We stayed 2 nights in September 2013 for our one year anniversary. The room had an amazing view of mirror lake. We were able to walk downtown from the hotel which saved the hassle of trying to find parking down town. We walked to the brewery which was about 5 min or less. The hotel has free kayaks which we used to tour mirror lake. Our room was large. Bathrooms were nice. The pool and hotel features are dated. The lobby is gorgeous! Staff were helpful n knowledgeable! You really cannot beat this location and price. Yes other hotels are closer but also much more $$ hope this review helps! Enjoy your stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Lindsey S,

Thank you very much for your review, I am sure many people will find it very helpful. I love that you and your husband were able to enjoy your first anniversary here. Thank you for pointing out how convenient our location is and that your room was large, bathroom was nice and had an amazing view.

I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Lake Placid, maybe for your next anniversary! I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again.

Fonda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed from Monday, Feb. 3 to Wednesday, Feb. 5. Everything was terrific. Our room was ready for early check in as requested. The young ladies working at the front desk were friendly. As soon as we entered our room, I was relaxed. The green cleaning products they use gave it a pleasant, fresh scent. We stayed in the "Haystack suite" and it was perfect. Our view was beautiful, the tub relaxing and the fireplace warm and comforting. The plush robes provided became our wardrobe whenever we were in. Unfortunately, I came down with a migraine on Tuesday, but was able to rest as the hotel was quiet . We are looking forward to staying again and again!

Room Tip: For a romantic escape, you cant go wrong in the Haystack Suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear sassy94,

Thank you for your review of the Golden Arrow. I am very glad you had such a wonderful romantic getaway at the resort, I could not have described the Haystack room better myself! It’s unfortunate you came down with a migraine during your stay, but I’m glad you were able to rest quietly.

We look forward to having you back at the Golden Arrow very soon. I wish you the safest and happiest of travels until we meet again.

Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was very upset when I went to book my annual Labor Day weekend trip today. We have stayed here every Labor Day weekend for 6 years now and we absolutely love it. Rates seem to have been steady the past few years. I even went back through my credit card statements to make sure. We always get lakefront with double beds. Last year I paid $189 for sat night and $139 for sun night. This year it's $249 each night! After taxes and fees it's almost $200 more this year. Unfortunately it looks like our annual lake placid Labor Day weekend is coming to an end. Its a shame because we love the golden arrow and won't stay anywhere else in lake placid. It had become a tradition and something my family looks forward to every year. Kids are going to be bummed.

Stayed September 2013
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Mlucas2,
Thank you very much for the feedback, I sincerely apologize that our price increase has been upsetting for yourself and your family.

I looked at our rates for a lakeside room with two queens for Labor Day weekend this year and they’re actually $229 per night, I’m thinking the $249 you saw was actually for a Lakeside room with one King bed. I also noticed that you paid $169 for Sunday night last year so the total increase you would be paying this year is actually just over $100 (as the tax rate for hotels has increased this year as well). I realize that this is still a substantial increase from previous years, especially when traveling with a family of four. Rates normally go down on Sunday nights, but as that particular Sunday is a holiday, this year the rates are remaining the same as the weekend rate.

I truly hope you will reconsider and stay with us this year to continue your Labor Day tradition. We also have Village Side accommodations available for a lower rate as well. You don’t have the view of the lake from your room, but they are still very nice and you have access to all of our wonderful amenities. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at olivia@golden-arrow.com with any questions. I wish you a happy 2014.

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Been to Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!