“good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

You added Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2559 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946 (Formerly Golden Arrow Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Happy Hour All Day!
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
GreenLeadersGold level
edison nj
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

it is with-in walking distace of many good resturantes and attacunes.Theplace it self is very nice and is worth the price also you get a full beakfast.The only brawback was that alot was closed due to seanal matanance.I would go in sept at the latest.

Room Tip: i would go for a lakeside room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Verizon,

Thank you for your review of the Golden Arrow. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. During this time of year the middle of the week is slow for the resort. We take advantage of this by getting maintenance projects done. The fact that we are slow is reflected in our pricing, you definitely get the most bang for your buck in late fall, early winter. The last week in September is VERY beautiful here, that’s usually when the fall foliage is at its peak, and I would definitely recommend visiting at that time.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for your review.

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having found Golden Arrow online, we didn't know what to expect other than what their website stated. We were happy to discover they were all they said they were. They have the best location being right in town but also right on the water with beautiful views. Visiting in late September meant we had nature's beautiful show everywhere we turned - the leaves were phenomenal. As for the hotel, it was nicely decorated (the lobby was beautiful) and it was clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. We stayed in two rooms over the course of our stay - a "regular room" which was located on the top floor at the far end of the resort - it had a great view and was very private and quiet - the king size bed was very comfortable. The room had been updated (but probably not the bathroom) and was more than suitable for our needs. The next night we opted for the Haystack Specialty room which was also nice as it had a fireplace and a in-room tub as well as a lovely updated three piece bath. Unfortunately, the view of the lake and mountains was blocked by the large evergreens directly in front of the balcony so we would probably not choose this room again solely for that reason. We had dinner in the restaurant and although it was very busy (a large bus tour group of seniors arrived unannounced) they made sure we got our food. The food was good but a little overpriced for the quality. We did not have an opportunity to enjoy the pool or the beach but both looked nice. We plan to come back next summer and bring our family - it was definitely a great place to stay. The resort's closeness to all the amenities and natural wonders made this a great place to stay.

Room Tip: As noted in the review, the Haystack room we stayed in had an obstructed view which isn't mentio...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Erin H,

Thank you for your review of the Golden Arrow. I’m very glad we exceeded your expectations of the resort. It’s great to hear that we are accurately representing ourselves online. Thank you for the kind compliments on our location, lobby, and helpful staff. I do apologize that there was a tree blocking part of your view in the Haystack room. I would recommend booking the Normandy room as it has similar amenities to the Haystack but is more centrally located and without any obstructions.

I am ecstatic that you will be returning with your family next summer! We have many deluxe accommodations, specialty rooms, and suites that would be able to meet the specifications of your family, please inquire with one of our reservation specialists upon booking. Thank you, again, for your wonderful review. I wish you safe and happy travels until you stay with us again.

Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have stayed in Lake Placid many times over the past 10+ years and we have always stayed at the "4 Diamond" Resort on the other end of the lake but their minimum stay policies and lack of flexability with those rules kept us from staying there. I can't thank them enough for helping us find the Golden Arrow Resort. We stayed there this past weekend for our Anniversary and had a excellent relaxing stay. My wife and I stayed in the Haystack Suite and found the room to be perfect. It had a fireplace, large kohler air tub, great bathroom with a large shower, and comfortable king bed.
We were also extremely supprised to find a very thoughtful anniversary gift from the Golden Arrow in our room when we arrived! The other "4 Diamond" place we have stayed at for 9 years never left us anything at 4x the price/night.
We did not eat at Generations as it was setup for a buffet style dinner/breakfast for the CanAm hockey group. Although in past years we have had breakfast there and found it to be good.
Good Customer service goes a long way these days, and the Golden Arrow has exceeded all our expectations. Their attention to details and willingness to go the extra mile was very much appreciated and we will be rewarding them with our loyality. My wife and I will refer guest to stay at the Golden Arrow and we will be returning this winter for some skiing, as well as our anniversary next October.

Green Features: This Hotel has made a huge commitment to being Green. We are always looking to support companies that are environmentally responsible. The Golden Arrow goes above and beyond to make sure they are taking care of the beautiful Adirondack environment around them. Great Job.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Amick780,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review of the Golden Arrow. I am thrilled that our staff could make you and your wife’s anniversary extra special. The Haystack room is one of my favorites as well; it has the perfect amount of coziness and elegance.

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words and compliments; it’s always nice to know that the staff’s work is appreciated! I’m very glad we have gained a loyal customer. I look forward to seeing you again this winter. I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice views of mirror lake from the balcony. Friendly staff and great location, walkable to main st,Olympic center. Even there is a indoor walk into alpine mall, I guess for the colder months. When we were there temp was warm. When we decided to checkout late , no issues from the front desk. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013
GenerationsLP, Director of Maketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Webcrawl,

Thank you very much for your review and recommendation. It’s always wonderful to hear good feedback on the resort. I’m very glad you were happy with the location of the resort and friendly staff.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in Lake Placid. Until then, I wish you safe and happy travels.

Clarence Center, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here with my family while in town for a hockey tournament. After reading the previous reviews, i emailed them and requested an updated room. I didnt receive a reply so i sent it again. I did receive a reply that time and was told we would not only get an updated room but one with a lake view. Unfortunately, we got the lake view but our room was terribly rundown, especially the bathroom. It was very small with cracked tile, stained wallpaper and dirty baseboards. The room was also old and kind of dark but the beds were comfortable. Housekeeping seems to be an issue. We waited until after 5:00 to have our room cleaned. Our package included breakfast and dinner. The dining room was always very crowded and messy. The air vents were covered with dust and cobwebs. We usually had to wait for a table because they dont have enough staff to clean off the dirty ones.
There are some positives to this place...the view is beautiful, the staff is pretty friendly and our kids had a lot of fun but i dont know that i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Mauzy61,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m glad that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your guest room and that your kids had fun.

I apologize that your room was not as updated as you had hoped. We are constantly working on updating rooms, but being a very busy resort, it sometimes in difficult. Starting in November we are working on redoing an entire wing of the resort so that will give us more to choose from when honoring requests like yours. We also try to keep hockey teams together so that can make it difficult to honor all requests as well. Our suites and specialty rooms are all updated so if you definitely want to be guaranteed an updated room, I would request one of those. They are more expensive than the other rooms, but we do have many at different price points.

I have relayed your comments to the proper restaurant and housekeeping supervisors so they can address them as they see fit. I truly thank you for your comments.

I do hope you will stay with us again so we can prove to you how great of an experience you could have here. I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again.

Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Can't fault this hotel. We had a wonderful room overlooking the lake which was like a mirror and the fall colours were superb. Food was very good, service excellent, great staff. Situated in centre of Town and very convenient for shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake
Ab_roody,

Thank you very much for your review. I’m delighted that you were able to enjoy the fall season at the Golden Arrow. It’s a very beautiful time to experience the Adirondacks. Thank you for your kind compliments of our food, service, staff, and convenient location.

I hope you will be able to come back and visit again soon!

My Best,
DANVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were part of a large group staying in this hotel and we all arrived earlier than anticipated. As soon as the rooms were ready, which was before the check-in time, the front desk accomodated us. Their service was courteous and friendly, and they didn't mind having our bicycles held inside the front door while we waited.

The rooms were amazingly large, and updated, and we immediately noticed the beautiful view of the lake from our room. Everything we needed was provided, including hair blower, robe, and the usual goodies associated with a 4 star hotel. The only thing we found confusing with this hotel was getting from one end of the hotel to another. Sometimes we had to go down one floor on the elevator, switch to another elevator to eventually get to our destination inside the hotel.

Especially convenient during inclement weather is the ability to access a small inside shopping mall which feeds to the outdoors, without having to walk a distance outside the hotel's front entry to get to the street.

Our bicycles were conveniently stored inside the hotel in a lower floor room.

There was no restaurant or continental breakfast associated with this hotel, but there are plenty of options within a few blocks of the hotel. The Olympic skating rink is practically directly across the street for those who want to see a bit of sports history in action.

The hotel is centrally located and easy to get to by bike. Both car and pedestrian traffic was a bit of a hassle even during October, but it's navigable.

We highly recommmend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake, and stay at least on the third or fourth floor for the best...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bhailey,

Thank you for your review and recommendation of the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort. It’s great to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay. I will admit that the layout of the resort can be confusing at times; this is because the building was added to by the Holderied family many times over the course of 40 years. We try to make sure no one gets lost by having adequate signage and making sure that our employees are around to help when needed.

We actually do have a restaurant attached to the hotel, it’s called Generations and they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Their specialty is farm to fork cuisine, utilizing many fresh ingredients from the farms of the Adirondacks. You should definitely check it out next time you’re in town.

I’m very glad you enjoyed the resort; I hope you and your group will stay with us again! I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again.

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Been to Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!