We were part of a large group staying in this hotel and we all arrived earlier than anticipated. As soon as the rooms were ready, which was before the check-in time, the front desk accomodated us. Their service was courteous and friendly, and they didn't mind having our bicycles held inside the front door while we waited.
The rooms were amazingly large, and updated, and we immediately noticed the beautiful view of the lake from our room. Everything we needed was provided, including hair blower, robe, and the usual goodies associated with a 4 star hotel. The only thing we found confusing with this hotel was getting from one end of the hotel to another. Sometimes we had to go down one floor on the elevator, switch to another elevator to eventually get to our destination inside the hotel.
Especially convenient during inclement weather is the ability to access a small inside shopping mall which feeds to the outdoors, without having to walk a distance outside the hotel's front entry to get to the street.
Our bicycles were conveniently stored inside the hotel in a lower floor room.
There was no restaurant or continental breakfast associated with this hotel, but there are plenty of options within a few blocks of the hotel. The Olympic skating rink is practically directly across the street for those who want to see a bit of sports history in action.
The hotel is centrally located and easy to get to by bike. Both car and pedestrian traffic was a bit of a hassle even during October, but it's navigable.
We highly recommmend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.