“another year, another good stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Save Saved
You added Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2559 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946 (Formerly Golden Arrow Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Early Bird Winter Deal
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
GreenLeadersGold level
Niskayuna, New York
“another year, another good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here again for another hockey tourney. Best location in town. Good food. Good parking. Rooms are large for lots of sports stuff like hockey equipment. I left $5 on the bed for the housekeeper, but since it was not in the envelope - they didn't keep it. How's that for safe place to stay? Always stay here.

Room Tip: ask for lake side for amazing view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Syracuse, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've stayed at Golden Arrow for years and usually have a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and up to date. The location is super convenient, right on Main St in Lake Placid - within walking distance from tons of restaurants and local attractions. My hubby and I especially love the Haystack suite with fireplace, in room jacuzzi, lakeside view. I came with my sister a few months ago and when we walked into the lobby to check in there was not a soul around. We peeked around the desk and saw that there were some people in the office in back, we not-so-discreetly made some commotion to announce our presence but remained without assistance. After 10 minutes, my sister finally walked into the back and into the private office and asked for someone to assist us. We were given a nice room on the road side and didn't realize until we were trying to sleep that night that the snow plow drove back and forth past our window that faced the neighboring building... all night long. So, definitely make sure you don't get a road side room that is next to the hat store (in the winter obviously). I was a little disappointed that when we checked in I told the receptionist that I forgot my card that offered my a free upgrade. Apparently the honor system wasn't accepted. See the photo below of my card ;) I chalked it up to my own forgetfulness. But when I asked later that evening if the front desk had a fork I could borrow I was told to go to the drug store and buy one. :( Maybe if I had ordered room service my answer would have been different? In any case, I still enjoy the Golden Arrow occasionally.

Green Features: I love the "green" roof garden, very cool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your repeat business. It makes us extremely happy when we hear that guests continue to choose us over other hotels in the area. I apologize that there was no one at the front desk to help you check in when you arrived, since you are a repeat guest, I’m sure you already realize that is not a normal practice at the Golden Arrow. I have informed the front desk staff of the problem that you experienced and will make sure it does not happen again.
We don’t normally get complaints about being able to hear the snow plows from our guest rooms so I am sincerely sorry that they disturbed you during your stay. I understand your disappointment about the upgrade card, unfortunately, not everyone is as honest as you and therefore we've made it our policy that if someone doesn't have that card they can’t get their free upgrade. Please feel free to bring it the next time you stay for a free upgrade. We don’t keep forks at the front desk, the restaurant definitely would have given you one to use, I apologize that the person at the front desk didn't refer you there.
Thank you for your review, we always love to hear what our guests have to say. We look forward to having you again soon! Safe and happy travel until next time!

Cheers,

Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This Hotel right on Lake, has nice beach area with easy walking distance to shops and bars. Bar has happy hour every day, shame barman was not happy.
We stay 3 nights end of April out of season so very quite at hotel and Lake Placid, but Ok for nice rest.
Food at hotel was OK but not that good. Large fridge in room very usefull.
Pool was dated and not very inviting.
Bedroom large with comfortable Beds,and nice bathroom. Room had car park view, I would reccomend lake view worth the extra cost.
The free to ride Trolly Bus stops outside the Hotel nice ride around Lake.
Would use this Hotel again because of location.

Room Tip: Room facing Lake on 3rd or 4th floor
Green Features: Environmentally friendly recycle's all plastic, glass, and paper. If you arrive in Hybred car you have car parking by Hotel entrance door and free gift
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort. I’m glad you enjoyed our convenient location and comfortable guest rooms. I apologize that your meal at Generations was just “ok”; I do hope you informed the wait staff of the problem while at the restaurant. Generations is right now in the process of creating a new summer menu that will have many fresh ingredients sourced from local farms, I’m sure there will be many items that you would enjoy. Our pool was renovated in 2007 which I think makes it pretty up to date, I believe it suits the style of the hotel.
Again, thank you so much for your review. We look forward to your return to Lake Placid and The Golden Arrow!
My best,
Savannah, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here recently and we loved our view. This place is right on the lake. Our room was very comfortable. We had to stay at another hotel for a conference (Crown Plaza), but we were happy that we moved here for our last night at Lake Placid. It is not easy to know about a place by the outside photo. This is the place to stay for a vacation. The view is awesome. The staff were all nice. The price is so much much less (very good value). We were on the 4th floor and had a nice balcony.

Room Tip: ask for 4th/5th floor-lake view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York Mills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We spent two wonderful nights at the Golden Arrow Resort. The hotel is right in the middle of Lake Placid but was peaceful. Our room overlooked Mirror Lake. The room was beautiful, bed was ultra comfortable. Clean and inviting. We dined at the Generations Restaurant and had a wonderful meal. The pool and hot tub was clean and we spent alot of time there as well. We toured the village and staff was very friendly and helpful. We even took a plane ride around the lakes. It was a wonderful two days and would go back anytime.!

Room Tip: I would believe that any room in this resort is perfect.
Green Features: Love the effort from the staff and management for eco-friendly practices. The rooftop garden to the change in linen. Thanks for helping us save the planet.!
Apalachin, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Golden Arrow for our anniversary in April. Nice, quiet time to visit Lake Placid, but not all businesses were open yet. Not luxurious, but functional and better than average, for sure. Room rates during his time were excellent, not sure if they increase depending on the season or not.

Pros: Excellent location near shops and restaurants, right on Mirror Lake. Beautiful views. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean room. Spacious. Nice sized closet. Loved the in-room Keurig. Maid service was excellent. Food from Generations was very good. Breakfast buffet was very good (and inexpensive). Refrigerator was handy to have. Eco practices were a plus. Our room had no tub but the shower was large enough for two people. Many room types to choose from. We were able to view a few of them while we were there. I think I would pick a room with a kitchen and deep tub next time!

Cons: Our bed was not very comfortable, but we were there for only 3 nights. If we had booked 4 or more I would have asked for a new room or different mattress after the first night. I believe they may be replacing some mattresses, so that may not be a problem in the near future. Vending machines only have drinks. No in room safe, but the front desk will secure your valuables upon request.
Overall, I would recommend the Golden Arrow.

Room Tip: Request a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review, and for choosing to spend your anniversary with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for all of your kind comments. I do apologize that you found your bed uncomfortable. We are in the process of replacing all of the mattresses in the hotel, as we have 166 rooms and are lucky enough to be busy all year long; it is not an extremely fast process. We are hoping to be finished with it by the end of next fall. I also wanted to mention that we do have a vending machine with food in it on the second floor. I am sorry that you were not informed of that while you were here.
Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
My Best,
Cortland, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We just finished our weekend stay at Golden Arrow and we didn't want to leave. The room was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The view of Mirror Lake off the balcony was amazing. Listening to a Loon singing while enjoying coffee this morning was a real treat! We'll definitely be back for another stay.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!