I've stayed at Golden Arrow for years and usually have a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and up to date. The location is super convenient, right on Main St in Lake Placid - within walking distance from tons of restaurants and local attractions. My hubby and I especially love the Haystack suite with fireplace, in room jacuzzi, lakeside view. I came with my sister a few months ago and when we walked into the lobby to check in there was not a soul around. We peeked around the desk and saw that there were some people in the office in back, we not-so-discreetly made some commotion to announce our presence but remained without assistance. After 10 minutes, my sister finally walked into the back and into the private office and asked for someone to assist us. We were given a nice room on the road side and didn't realize until we were trying to sleep that night that the snow plow drove back and forth past our window that faced the neighboring building... all night long. So, definitely make sure you don't get a road side room that is next to the hat store (in the winter obviously). I was a little disappointed that when we checked in I told the receptionist that I forgot my card that offered my a free upgrade. Apparently the honor system wasn't accepted. See the photo below of my card ;) I chalked it up to my own forgetfulness. But when I asked later that evening if the front desk had a fork I could borrow I was told to go to the drug store and buy one. :( Maybe if I had ordered room service my answer would have been different? In any case, I still enjoy the Golden Arrow occasionally.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.