“Golden Arrow is a gem!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

You added Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2559 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946 (Formerly Golden Arrow Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Happy Hour All Day!
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
GreenLeadersGold level
Troy, New York
“Golden Arrow is a gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I had a very enjoyable weekend, from start to finish, at the Golden Arrow. Check in was easy and the friendly clerk checked us in with a smile and some humor! There was a hockey tournament in town and he put us in a room away from the families. Our room on the first floor was a lakeside room and immediately we went to the doors and looked out at a beautiful view, complete with a dog sled going by and young kids playing hockey on the rink. The beds were extremely comfortable. The indoor pool area is beautiful! Large pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna. All of them clean, and we had the whole place to ourselves. We enjoyed some drinks at the lounge the first evening and breakfast at Generations the first morning, both good. The entrance through the Alpine mall is really convenient! Recommend Delta Blues across the street for some night life. Great bands played both Friday and Saturday night. Really friendly people, too! We would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are a must. We were on the first floor and could walk right out onto the frozen lake...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Perfect stay at the Golden Arrow. We stayed in a suite with fireplace overlooking the lake. Watching children playing ice hockey on the frozen lake, with dog sled rides was great. Our room was perfect. The hotel staff was very good.
The hotel resturant was also very good. People make your hotel stays either very good or not. A big shout out to Veronica in the hotel resturant

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GenerationsLP, Public Relations Manager at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Michael,
Thank you very much for your review. I am thrilled you had such a great experience at the Golden Arrow. I have relayed the message to the staff and Veronica!
We hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,
Olivia Zeis/ Director of Marketing/PR
Middlesex County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had to call a few times after I made reservations online. I was suppose to receive a call back with an answer to my question, but I never got a call back. I called again the next day and my question was answered to my satisfaction. The rep was always very pleasant. I also emailed the day before our arrival to ask for an early check in, which they could not guarantee, but we got it!
We stayed in The Main Street Condo 500 Unit. It's a hop, skip and a jump from the parking garage. Upon walking up the hallway stairs to the unit, I was a little nervous b/c it was sandy, salty and musty. My family of 6 was pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to the unit. There was a large leather sectional,large coffee table,flat screen tv, small kitchen table with seating for 6. There small bedroom was adequate...wish there was a TV in there. The downstairs bathroom had shower. The upstairs loft was quite large, with two queen beds, an arm chair, desk and flat screen tv. There was plenty of room to walk around in the loft. The bathroom upstairs in have a tub but the jets did not work. I only wished that the carpets were better taken care of...

Room Tip: Not a unit for small children. I would be nervous that they would try to lean over the loft balcon...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brockville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We got the 3 days for 2 deal and it was great value. We were even able to ski for three days due to the great soaks in the very hot tub and sauna. The pool area was a bit noisy late in the afternoon but quiet earlier in the afternoon.
Surprisingly, Lake Placid was not busy during the Ontario March Break; great for us.
Our room, #425, had two queen-size beds and a great view. The room was bid enough to relax in while the weather decided what to do.
The location is fantastic for strolling in Lake Placid for shopping and going out for dinner. I loved the back way out to the street via the Alpine Mall; it saved us walking longer in the rain and/or cold.

Room Tip: #425 was big and had a great view but was a bit of a walk from the pool.
Malta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Can't begin to describe my feelings about the Golden Arrow. I've been coming up for more years than I'll admit to and wouldn't stay anywhere else. The location is just right, Baby Bear. It is the one hotel directly on Mirror Lake (which means the lovely beach,chairs, row boats, and dock for the summer and easy access to the ice and dog sled ride people in the winter) and yet it's in the midst of the shops and restaurants on Main Street. The rooms are comfortable and the housekeeping staff run a tight ship (and are just great ladies too). The Holderieds and the entire the crew (maintenance, front desk, and back office staff) keep the Golden Arrow in a special place in my heart. They welcome me and my cats with great warmth. For many years, my mother and I were regulars (for a total of maybe five weeks in a year). As she grew older, the kindness showed by EVERYbody was overwhelming. She was 98 on our last vacation together here, which was possible only because we were at the Golden Arrow. Yep, I recommend it.

Room Tip: Spend the extra ten bucks or whatever and go lakeside. The village side rooms are just fine and in...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Calcium, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hotel right on the main street of Lake Placid, on the shore of Mirror Lake. Inside access to the Alpine Mall and Generations restaurant. Easy walking to all shops and eateries, as well as the Olympic Arena, site of the 1980 Miracle on Ice victory of the USA hockey team over the USSR team.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just at the edge of the main street, the hotel is walking distance from the heart of the town's busy thoroughfare. Cozy and luxurious suites, Golden Arrow is ideal for families and couples. We visited during Christmas and the hotel was busy but efficiently managed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!