My husband and I had a very enjoyable weekend, from start to finish, at the Golden Arrow. Check in was easy and the friendly clerk checked us in with a smile and some humor! There was a hockey tournament in town and he put us in a room away from the families. Our room on the first floor was a lakeside room and immediately we went to the doors and looked out at a beautiful view, complete with a dog sled going by and young kids playing hockey on the rink. The beds were extremely comfortable. The indoor pool area is beautiful! Large pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna. All of them clean, and we had the whole place to ourselves. We enjoyed some drinks at the lounge the first evening and breakfast at Generations the first morning, both good. The entrance through the Alpine mall is really convenient! Recommend Delta Blues across the street for some night life. Great bands played both Friday and Saturday night. Really friendly people, too! We would highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid