“RUDEST Service at a LESS THAN AVERAGE MOTEL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2625 Main Street, Lake Placid, NY 12946 (Formerly Adirondack Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“RUDEST Service at a LESS THAN AVERAGE MOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

BEWARE! NOT WORTH IT! THERE ARE TOO MANY OTHER NICER PLACES IN THIS WONDERUL AREA!! I stayed here before & it was so-so & convenient but it was convenient. I called this motel to find out if there was a block of rooms reserved for my daughter's skating competition, as that is often the case. The person who answered the phone was Logan. Logan, who later stated that she owns the place so she has no boss and can do whatever she wants and will speak to customers however she choooses (yes, she really said that!), said yes they did. Great, I was ready to reserve. She then told me I needed to go through another agency to do that. Okay, I said, no problem. But I had another question. I wanted to know if I could prepay for another person's room (my daughter's coach). I got about 2 words out when she interupted me & told me she had 3 people waiting & did not have time to answer any questions. I tried to say I would call back but she interupted me again & said "I'm sold out, don't bother"...but she didn't even know the dates I was calling about! She never allowed me to get that far. When I called back to speak to a manager about her rudeness, that is when she told me she owns the place & has other customers & if I didn't like the way she talked to me, too bad!

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Location wise-very good, but otherwise it is tired. That would be fine but we paid $180. The room was their deluxe room and I am sure it is nicer than their rack rooms, however, the rest of the hotel is so worn that it doesn't justify the high room price. Breakfast was mediocre, even a waffle maker would have improved it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I'm glad we spent the extra few bucks and got a room on the 2nd floor. All the rooms on the first floor have an outside hallway, but the second floor is all inside hallway. 1st floor would probably be fine in the summer though. They also honored my request and gave us a room with an amazing view overlooking the olympic center, the speed skating oval, and the adirondack mountains.

The indoor pool and hottub were really clean and up-kept. The service was great and the employees were very friendly. The location was perfect: we were right on main street within easy walking distance of everything and the whiteface shuttle stopped right across the street at the olympic center. We spent a good 20 minutes in the room looking for where to hook up our laptop for internet before we realized the entire hotel has wireless! haha

Only thing i could complain about is the breakfast. Very bland and the only hot items were watery, fake scrambled eggs and not very good breakfast sausages..

Great value for the money though. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Drum, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I took my family on a mini vacation and I choose this hotel because it offered the most for your money and the location. I have a and a 10 year old so the pool was a must! The staff was nice, the rooms were acceptable although two beds in this room was crowded. One bed was the width of one average female from the closet. Had to side step to get our coats into the closet. There was a fridge in the room which was very nice. Hotel was built in the 60s so very old and probably little to no renovations done. We stayed on the first floor so hear everyone above us. When we stayed a boys youth hockey team was here so there was running up and down the halls which was rude and kept us awake. It was obvious the parents nor the staff had any control over them! We had to call the staff and ask them to quiet the boys down. The "business center" which was two computers at the end of the hall (& 3 doors down) was the main attraction for these hockey players who ran from the second floor and up and down the hall to get to. Ugh! Staff was nice. Beds were comfortable. Pool seemed a little dirty/moldy. Saunas were off and small. Hot tub was nice. Fitness room was small and looked old. There was a very old pool table that we didn't touch. Breakfast was great - probably the best thing about this hotel along with location. Lots to eat and open for 4 hours (7-11) on weekends. Lots of tables to eat at and there was a fireplace and a section where kids could play games. Hotel was very nicely decorated inside and out and Christmas lights everywhere. Traveling with family, need a b'fast & pool for lower price then I recommend this place. Looking for something nicer and more modern esp for a couple then would not recommend this place. Try Golden Arrow or Crowne Plaza instead. Oh and there's dog sledding and an ice rink at the Golden Arrow. We did both! Their location is just as good!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Probably one of the best variant for somebody , who do not want to spent a lot of money for bed.
Very friendly stuff, not bad rooms especially on the second floor. Good location , next door to all amenities.
When we are planning our vacation we are choosing between Golden Arrow and Best Western, and BW won because of breakfast and sauna for the same price as GA without. You must agree that breakfast (good continental) and sauna (after the day on the slope) it is not bad addition :).
During our stay water in the pool was little bit cold for my wife and daughter.
One recommendation - sauna needs minimum one and a half hour to be heated, take in mind.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

We stayed for one evening, but it was so enjoyable we plan to come back again for a longer stay. Our room was large and clean, the breakfast buffet was abundant with a variety of good food. The location was ideal, right in town, so we were able to walk to the lakes and down Main Street.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We stayed here over the christmas vacation. It was beautiful, all snowy, crisp air, twinkly lights. We were travelling with 2 small children so the hotel breakfast was great lots to pick from and the location to activites was fabulous along with the indoor pool! I am itching to go back again for a romantic vacation this time "sans enfants"!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn? Share your experiences!