I've stayed here twice, once in the fall and once during ski season. It is a nice hotel and the location is perfect for walking almost everywhere in town. The rooms are a good size, some much bigger than others and most seem to have access to an outside sitting area with Adirondack chairs. The pool is below ground so very little, if any, natural light.
The breakfast room is huge but only accessible during breakfast hours which doesn't really make sense since it would be a great place for large groups to socialize instead of in the hallways disturbing other guests. There are many board games available in the lobby but not much room or table space in there. The breakfast is quite extensive offering a good variety of hot foods, fruit, yogurt, breads, pastries, etc.
Some rooms have refrigerators (no freezers for ice packs) but only the suites have microwaves. We were told there was a microwave in the breakfast room but it was locked. I agree with other reviews, the rooms could use a sprucing up. The beds are very comfortable and the bedding seems newer.
The hotel offers discounted lift tickets ($60 instead of $84) at Whiteface but they don't tell you or advertise it at the front desk. Instead, there is a little sign on a table in the lobby that is easily missed. Luckily I noticed it when returning from breakfast. I mentioned to the front desk clerk that it should be moved to the front desk or advertised on their website.
On my first stay, we had to wait 90 minutes after the check-in time to get our room then they wouldn't extend our check-out for an hour. On my second stay, a school group spent the entire evening socializing in the hallways, even after being asked to move into rooms by both guests and staff. Had they opened the breakfast room for them, other guests wouldn't have been disturbed.
For the most part it is a good hotel, near lots of restaurants, across from the Olympic Arena, and often with reasonable rates for the town during the week.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Adirondack Hotel Lake Placid
- Best Western Lake Placid
- Best Western Adirondack Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-owned Best Western Adirondack Inn is perfectly situated on Main Street in Lake Placid, New York—just across the street from the Olympic Center and next to Mirror Lake Beach. For travelers to the Adirondacks and the Best Western Adirondack Inn, this is a truly picturesque setting for a family vacation or romantic weekend escape in upstate New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.