“Olympic sight seeing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2625 Main Street, Lake Placid, NY 12946 (Formerly Adirondack Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Charlotte, North Carolina, Usa
“Olympic sight seeing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Best Western Adirondack Inn is a good hotel in a good location. Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great and plentiful. Rooms are a good size, comfortable bed and a good shower head in the bath. The location is within walking distance of town and the Olympic arena.

Room Tip: all rooms good
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
brockville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I was trying to save some money this year so we changed our usual (excellent ski and stay 2 for three special in a lovely suite in the Crowne Plaza) for the much more affordable Best Western across the road. How bad could it be? The kicker in our decision was the incredible price we were quoted over the phone. 600.00 bucks with lift tickets for 2 nights and the 3rd free was great. It compared with some of the smaller mom and pop lodging outside of the village of placid proper. I was very careful about the price and I was comparing different properties. BWestern was the best, but not by a huge amount.
We took it.
The suite we occupied was okay. A cheap microwave and fridge. Two queen beds and a pull out sofa in an adjoining space - can't really call it a room. It was crouched above a back stair case and the head room for the stair case is inserted in this narrow space. No-one could possibly sleep on the sofa bed. The room carpets were worn, the hallways felt like a series of springing subfloors added over the years. Overall, a rough property.
Staff was nice so we sucked it all up, said nothing and remembered the great deal we were getting. Well, this is where it all went wrong.
When I made the original booking I was given the price and told I would receive an email confirmation. Nothing came. I didn't think much of it as we were looking for something in March and this was only December.
My December credit card bill then showed a charge of 194.91. This reminded me that I didn't get any confirmation so, on January 6th I wrote the hotel requesting confirmation. I got a brief note back confirming the room, the lift tickets but nothing about the price apart from reference to the "deposit" they'd taken in the amount above. I didn't question anything as 200 bucks seemed reasonable as a deposit and about a third of what I expected to pay. At checkout, I was presented with a statement indicating 582.91 and showing the 194.91 above it. I said to the clerk that this was not what I was quoted on the phone and he assured me the 194.91 was deducted from the 582.91. At this point I'm rushing to get to the hill so don't give it another thought apart from, this is about what I was quoted and, in fact, a bit better. Great. Nothing more to be said.
A month goes by and see I'm charged the full 588.91 on my bill bringing the total cost to nearly 800.00 - 200.00 more than originally quoted. No problem, just an oversight, i'll make a call and we'll fix this up. NOT!
I have never been treated so rudely on the phone by a person named Olga who claims to manage the place. She informed me I was wrong, I was never quoted this amount I got what I paid for, she went over the figures on the final statement over and over. Yes, I can add Olga. She then became quite abrupt and suggested I wasn't telling the truth and that they always send email confirmation. When I indicated they did not and I had to request this she demanded I send this to her. Why they didn't have a record I don't know.
She replied to my email telling me "What you are sending me is only a fraction of what we normally send as a confirmation letter". Well, I don't know what they "normally" send out but I know what I got.
The plot thickens and the email flows. In the end I'm told the woman that checked me out did not say the deposit would be credited. "You are MISTAKEN" Funny thing is, it was man who checked us out and my wife (who is a woman and looks like one) was standing next to me. There is a series of half-truths and troubling cover-ups in all of this

Please be very wary of this property as they are not prepared to honor what they quoted and they won't even be courteous enough to discuss the matter as professionals.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

BEWARE! NOT WORTH IT! THERE ARE TOO MANY OTHER NICER PLACES IN THIS WONDERUL AREA!! I stayed here before & it was so-so & convenient but it was convenient. I called this motel to find out if there was a block of rooms reserved for my daughter's skating competition, as that is often the case. The person who answered the phone was Logan. Logan, who later stated that she owns the place so she has no boss and can do whatever she wants and will speak to customers however she choooses (yes, she really said that!), said yes they did. Great, I was ready to reserve. She then told me I needed to go through another agency to do that. Okay, I said, no problem. But I had another question. I wanted to know if I could prepay for another person's room (my daughter's coach). I got about 2 words out when she interupted me & told me she had 3 people waiting & did not have time to answer any questions. I tried to say I would call back but she interupted me again & said "I'm sold out, don't bother"...but she didn't even know the dates I was calling about! She never allowed me to get that far. When I called back to speak to a manager about her rudeness, that is when she told me she owns the place & has other customers & if I didn't like the way she talked to me, too bad!

• Stayed February 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Location wise-very good, but otherwise it is tired. That would be fine but we paid $180. The room was their deluxe room and I am sure it is nicer than their rack rooms, however, the rest of the hotel is so worn that it doesn't justify the high room price. Breakfast was mediocre, even a waffle maker would have improved it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I'm glad we spent the extra few bucks and got a room on the 2nd floor. All the rooms on the first floor have an outside hallway, but the second floor is all inside hallway. 1st floor would probably be fine in the summer though. They also honored my request and gave us a room with an amazing view overlooking the olympic center, the speed skating oval, and the adirondack mountains.

The indoor pool and hottub were really clean and up-kept. The service was great and the employees were very friendly. The location was perfect: we were right on main street within easy walking distance of everything and the whiteface shuttle stopped right across the street at the olympic center. We spent a good 20 minutes in the room looking for where to hook up our laptop for internet before we realized the entire hotel has wireless! haha

Only thing i could complain about is the breakfast. Very bland and the only hot items were watery, fake scrambled eggs and not very good breakfast sausages..

Great value for the money though. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Drum, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I took my family on a mini vacation and I choose this hotel because it offered the most for your money and the location. I have a and a 10 year old so the pool was a must! The staff was nice, the rooms were acceptable although two beds in this room was crowded. One bed was the width of one average female from the closet. Had to side step to get our coats into the closet. There was a fridge in the room which was very nice. Hotel was built in the 60s so very old and probably little to no renovations done. We stayed on the first floor so hear everyone above us. When we stayed a boys youth hockey team was here so there was running up and down the halls which was rude and kept us awake. It was obvious the parents nor the staff had any control over them! We had to call the staff and ask them to quiet the boys down. The "business center" which was two computers at the end of the hall (& 3 doors down) was the main attraction for these hockey players who ran from the second floor and up and down the hall to get to. Ugh! Staff was nice. Beds were comfortable. Pool seemed a little dirty/moldy. Saunas were off and small. Hot tub was nice. Fitness room was small and looked old. There was a very old pool table that we didn't touch. Breakfast was great - probably the best thing about this hotel along with location. Lots to eat and open for 4 hours (7-11) on weekends. Lots of tables to eat at and there was a fireplace and a section where kids could play games. Hotel was very nicely decorated inside and out and Christmas lights everywhere. Traveling with family, need a b'fast & pool for lower price then I recommend this place. Looking for something nicer and more modern esp for a couple then would not recommend this place. Try Golden Arrow or Crowne Plaza instead. Oh and there's dog sledding and an ice rink at the Golden Arrow. We did both! Their location is just as good!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Probably one of the best variant for somebody , who do not want to spent a lot of money for bed.
Very friendly stuff, not bad rooms especially on the second floor. Good location , next door to all amenities.
When we are planning our vacation we are choosing between Golden Arrow and Best Western, and BW won because of breakfast and sauna for the same price as GA without. You must agree that breakfast (good continental) and sauna (after the day on the slope) it is not bad addition :).
During our stay water in the pool was little bit cold for my wife and daughter.
One recommendation - sauna needs minimum one and a half hour to be heated, take in mind.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Adirondack Inn? Share your experiences!