“great hotel, friendly helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Cincinnati, Ohio
“great hotel, friendly helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel fits the area well, very outdoorsy looking. The employees were very pleasant. The rooms very nicely laid out and decorated. Also very roomy. Our rate was very reasonable because we paid in advance. The hotel is about a mile from downtown, so it's a short drive to the activities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

close to hiking trails, Olympic venues, scenic drives, lakes and rivers to kayak or canoe, the Marriott Courtyard friendly staff ensure you get the information to enjoy your trip. I was glad to see high fiber cereals offered at breakfast, fresh muffins, bagels, and breads and a variety of spreads. Fresh fruits both cut and whole add to the healthy breakfast.
The pool, jacuzzi, and gym are very clean. Bar prices are reasonable and all staff friendly.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Deltona, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was booked by my daughter. I must say a clean,neat hotel, that has a professional staff to match. The room was spacious, very clean, with a great view, everyone was very courteous, and were more than willing to help. This stop was enroute to another location, but we could not have picked a better place to enjoy the view and "just relax". The location for us was ideal, close to shopping,sites to see,and good coffee shops. This place is on my "Return to Stay List", away from large crowds with a conenient loction to the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Just advise the front desk-booking what your desires are.....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stay at this hotel a number of times each year. The hotel is one of the cleanest, and most comfortable plases I have stayed. The staff are second to none and provide you with a friendly and prompt service. There is just nothing bad I can say. I have had many of our company folks also try this hotel and now they stay no where else when in Lake Placid. Truely a comfortable stay. They are currently upgrading the dining and lunge area and should be done by June 2013, but that does not hinder the stay.

Room Tip: No bad rooms at all. Just depends on what level room you are looking for. From in room spa tubs to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'll keep this review brief. As a business traveller, the room met all my needs. Good desk, spacious, mini fridge, nice bath. Special accomodations for free breakfast during renovations was a nice added benefit as I don't normally stay at Courtyards. Staff was friendly and helpful. Very attractive exterior. Convenient to downtown and restaurants. But there was a smoker on my floor a few doors down that made the trip annoying. Not sure if it's allowed in certain rooms but if so it was too close for my comfort. But there was no hiding it and the fact the smoke smell got into my room with the window open. I did not complain but I know that sometimes the housekeepers smoke out the windows in rooms. I recommend checking on the no smoking policy if it bothers you as it does me and if allowed, ask for a room far from the smoking rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Canastota, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

As we had booked our stay at a Marriott property, we were looking forward to our stay for weeks knowing how well maintained Marriott's are.
We spent 4 days at the Courtyard by Mariiott in Lake Placid and I have to say it was a beautiful hotel and a great room.
The trip nwas for business and the hotel accomodated my entire group. I heard only one complaint from our group and we had the hotel booked to capacity.
The staff was great, especially Todd who fixed the one small snafu we had when checking in. One couples room was left of the list by the staff but was quickly fixed and they told me they had a beautiful room that satisfied them. Good thing as it was the 1 last vacant room in the hotel for the weekend. Tragedy averted.
The one complaint I heard was that the bar area closed too early (10:00 pm) so if that was the only complaint to be had, I would call that a successful weekend.
The bar was under construction as the 6 year old hotel was already being renovated.
With the usual lounge under renovations, the bar area was moved to a small room near the lobby.
To make up for the construction, they hotel offered us complimentary breakfast which was a nice touch as most of us had early morning meetings. This was defintiely appreciated and saved us a ton of time and money.
Room 429 is where my pictures are from and everything was quite nice.
The cleaning staff could have done a better job dusting and the dust ruffle on the bed had an unknown stain on it but it did not hinder our stay.
The sheets and towels were very clean and the bed was firm and comfortable.
The room was equiped with a coffee maker, fridge, iron and ironing board as well as wet bar area. It was conveintly located just down the hall from the ice and vending machine.
The hotel pool area was kept very clean and sported 2 hot tubs. The fitness center was located adjacent to the pool.
I never did find the business center but the room had free Wi-Fi so I had no real reason to go looking for it.
There was a nice little outside courtyard with a gazebo that we enjoyed one night before dinner.
The grounds were kept up very nicely and the village shuttle had a stop right outside the hotel complete with a park bench to wait on. We never waited more then 10 minutes for a shuttle all weekend.
This is the 3rd hotel I have stayed in, in Lake Placid and the nicest by far.
Definitley will stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Although the hotel had construction going on, the room was spacious and quiet. Very reasonably priced. Did not have the opportunity to use any of the amenities. The young girl at the front desk suggested the walk around the lake and it was so refreshing. Approximately 2.5 miles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid? Share your experiences!