This was our second visit to The Whiteface Lodge, we returned this summer after we thoroughly enjoyed our first visit last summer. On both visits, we all were sad to leave. During the day, we enjoyed boating (tubing for the kids), hiking and horseback riding, and during the evenings we relaxed pool-side, enjoyed movies in the 50 person movie theater (with complimentary freshly made popcorn), the nightly campfire, we played scrabble in one of the outside, tastefully furnished open-huts, worked-out in the very nicely equipped and immaculately kept gym (wisely, no children permitted there), played ping-pong, chess, checkers, pool, shuffleboard, and air hockey in the game room (we didn't use the bowling alley this visit - but yet another wonderful activity). We couldn't use the tennis courts on this visit, which was a bit disappointing, but there is certainly no lack of activities to keep the family entertained. There is an ice cream bar close to the game room that the kids really enjoy as well. Lest we not forget, the quiet solitude to relax and read on the spacious decks, or simply enjoy the mountain air and nature. There is also a wonderful spa, sauna and steam room available to guests. This is just a sampling of what our family enjoyed during our visit to The Whiteface Lodge - it's what I would call a perfect family vacation! I would add that while this is a great place for families, the Lodge never once seemed the least bit loud or crowded. The size of the property and the range of the activities makes it a perfect blend. My partner and I are thinking of stealing away a weekend in the fall without the kids to enjoy more time in this beautiful place, where you can truly relax, feel pampered and leave the world behind! The staff is amazing, very responsive, polite and friendly (without being obtrusive)! All aspects of the Lodge are maintained in a first-class manner. Kudos to the management and proprietors of this gem in Lake Placid. Keep up the great job! We will absolutely be back for more R&R in the years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge