We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite with our kids. The setting is beautiful. Most of the guests were from New York State. Breakfast was a buffet which was fine, usual fare. But, they ran out of items quite quickly, such as berries and yoghurt. Very child friendly hotel. Definitely, not for a romantic get away. The pool area was small and over populated with guests, so we chose not to use it. Our kids enjoyed the kids club, which is a relief for us parents.
Dinner was ok. Nothing memorable.
Next time I would return for a winter escape with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous suites and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge