My husband and I stayed for a long weekend last July. It was our first time to Lake Placid and we are so glad we chose the Whiteface Lodge. The accommodations were great. We had a one bedroom, 1 1/2 bath with a separate kitchen and living area. We were on the ground floor with a nice outside porch. The rooms were very spacious and the entire resort was very clean. The service was great, especially the valets.
Lake Placid is a nice small town with some great restaurants. The hiking in the area is amazing and we could have stayed a few weeks and done a different hike each day. It was great to have a kitchen to make breakfast and a pack lunch. The pool was nice to come back to after a full day of hiking. We did a rafting trip and there was a controlled dam release on the day we went so the rapids fantastic. It was about 1 1/2 drive away but worth it.
We were pleasantly surprised by all there was to do in the area and would definitely come back to Lake Placid again and stay at the Whiteface Lodge.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- The Whiteface Hotel
- Whiteface Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous suites and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.