This was our first visit to Whiteface Lodge and we highly enjoyed our two night mid-week stay here in mid-December. It was quiet while we were there, not too many other guests and we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. We enjoyed hours in the outdoor hot tubs and pool under falling snow, and took advantage of the restaurant and games room. We ordered off the breakfast menu since there were not enough guests for the full buffet and our meals were fantastic. Also had cocktails and dinner in the lounge which was so laid back and cozy around the fireplace. Service was excellent, and we appreciated the little extra touches like the chocolate chip cookies. Great view from the room and balcony, and although we didn't take advantage of the movie theatre or the campfire and smores, I'm sure they're just as great as everything else at Whiteface. Oh, I forgot to mention the 3-story high Christmas trees and all the other beautiful decorations around the Lodge. Just gorgeous. We can't wait to go back next year and will recommend to all our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous suites and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge