As soon as we walked into the lodge we knew we would love our stay. The staff was marvelous. Our suite was deliciously comfortable with a great bed, tons of storage space and a lovely sitting room with a gas fireplace. We had dinner there two nights...both times in the bar area and it was quite good. The outstanding aspect of the lodge is the service...anything we needed was immediately attended to. The spa personnel treated us like royalty--not just during the time of my massage (which incidentally was one of the BEST I have ever had--ask for Susan)--but everytime we went down there for a sauna/steam. The iceskating rink was quite a surprise--we were expecting some puny little ice covered pond--and what was there instead was a good sized well groomed rink replete with skates and hot chocolate from morning till night. We took advantage of almost everything the hotel offered...the movie theater,the game room, snow shoeing, the fabulous hot tubs and indoor/outdoor pool. We were there with our teenage daughter for three nights and when we left we felt like we had been on a grand week long vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous suites and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge