My husband and I spent a wonderful, relaxing stay at Whiteface Lodge. We were there for three days the first week of December. As we drove up to the resort we were instantly impressed with the look of the resort, and once we got in we felt at home. It was so warm and inviting! Check in was smooth and soon enough we were in our one bedroom suite which was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The kitchen was perfectly equipped. The living room was extremely cozy with the fireplace which was a nice touch. We loved the large window in the living room and bedroom looking out onto the beautiful grounds and the huge balcony. The beds were soooooo comfortable, we slept so well! The heated floor in the bathroom felt wonderful! We appreciated all the little touches such as leaving complimentary chap stick, filled water bottles and glasses by the bedside, biscuits at turn down service, newspaper left outside our front door every morning. We had breakfast at Kanu and wow did we enjoy it! I had never tasted waffles that good! We also had supper there and again, the food was delicious! The grounds of the resort were very nice, though we did not venture out too much because it was sooo cold! We did go to Main Street which is a short distance from the resort. It is pretty with the little shops and restaurants. We also treated ourselves to a couples massage which we really enjoyed. The resort also has a game room, a theatre and a mini bowling alley! What more can you ask for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge