My husband and I stayed here for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary while our 2 year old daughter stayed home with the grandparents. We were instanly impressed as we pulled into the resort, the winter wonderland feel with the lit up pine trees was beautiful. Valet was always friendly but the front desk employees seemed to be a bit cold.
Our room was beautiful, huge tub, kitchenette, balcony and a sun room all made the room seem very large. We actually thought the room was nicer in person than in the photos on the website. We were a bit dissapointed since we were the first room off of the restaurant area, it was fairly loud in our living room and we could hear employees rummaging through the maid room which was right next to the bedroom. I was woken up several times during our stay due to this. We never complained to the staff though.
The dinner options at the restaurant left much to be desired, it is a very minimal menu and had nothing to suite me. We went to a restaurant in town and it was delicious. Breakfast at the hotel was mediocre, the food was barely warm, the waitstaff was fair at best and it wassx clear that many other diners felt the same way.
My husband and I received a couples massage at the spa and it was very nice. Both therapists were professional and friendly. The relaxation room didn't seem very relaxing, the furniture wasn't very comfortable and the bright lights didn't set the mood.
Overall, we had a great time and will most likely be returning with our daughter this summer because there are so many things for her to do here. While the hotel is beautiful and nicely appointed I do not believe the service grants this hotel a top hotel ranking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge