It is very rare that almost every thing regarding your stay is perfect, but that is exactly how our vacation was at the Whiteface Lodge. We booked a Royal Lodge Suite which is like a 3 bedroom, 3 full bath townhouse type place with its full kitchen and a washer/dryer combo in the unit. All the suites are on the top floor, with lots of windows to enjoy the views outside. We got the special Hurricane Sandy rate which was like 35% off the regular rate and was very appreciated. They also had a $50 grocery card for us from Price Chopper which is like a 24 hour grocery store very close to the property. We also had the breakfast included and the spread every morning coupled with the excellent service was just how you want to start your day. The lodge has its own outdoor skating rink with complimentary skate rentals. The kids had a great time at the rink. Behind the skate rental place is the location of Kamp Kanu which is like a kids camp for ages 3-10. On weekends, we signed up the kids for couple hours in the morning and couple hours in the afternoon and they did a mix of legos, coloring, board games and also went out to skate. Logde has a very nice heated indoor pool which leads into the outdoor pool. There is an indoor jacuzzi as well as 2 outdoor ones. The outdooor ones were a big hit for most of us. There is an indoor walkway (little long) to the pool from the basement area that has the game room and the spa. The pool has lots of towels and also a shower area. Also they have some water toys and noodles for the kids. The game room has a ping pong table, a billiards table, ice hockey table, foosball and lots of board games. Also, there is a 2 lane bowling alley (one was not working) that could be easily reserved through the front desk. They have a small theater on the same floor that plays 3 different movies during the day and was fun too. There is a ice cream / milkshake / popcorn place that is open in the evening and looked good too. On the same floor is the Spa and the Fitness center, though we did not use them. At night, they have smores which was a lot of fun. The whole lodge was very tastefully decorated for the holidays and everyone had a constant smile and was always willing to help out with any issues. We would definitely visit in the summer / fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge