This isn't an inexpensive destination, but it is truly wonderful and restful. The staff is awesome and very helpful from the moment you pull up at their front entrance. They offer valet parking, which is very welcome during the winter months. The front desk was very friendly and answered all of our questions during our three night stay.
The rooms are so nice, and it is not at all like any hotel we normally stay in. These are exquisitely furnished “apartments” with all the perks and amenities you could think of. They are actually privately owned (fractional ownerships) and managed by the resort, but you can see why the owners chose these units for their vacation homes.
The complex features an indoor/outdoor pool with indoor and outdoor hot tubs, all accessible to the main inn by underground tunnels or through the courtyard when the weather allows. The second floor features both a fine dining restaurant and a very comfortable lounge/ bar area.
We didn’t bring children on this visit, but I can see why this would be a great family destination with all of the activities available, including a movie theater, bowling alley, game room, and nightly bon fires. Most of the activities are locating in the basement level, along with the spa, so you don’t hear anything from the rooms.
This is truly a great spot to stay when visiting the Lake Placid and Adirondack Mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge