“Great course” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Kahnawake
“Great course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I play in the September tournament each year and love the course. Tough greens. On the first hole I once had a 6 foot putt for birdie and got a 13, good thing that was the practise round! It would be nice if there was a bit more water on the course, but it is tough as it is. Great course.

Visited September 2011

Boxford, Massachusetts
“Great Value and Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had 6 people with no tee times on Saturday about 1 p.m. of the Columbus Day Weekend. There was no wait, it was beautiful day, the fall colors were at their peak and the course was in great shape for $36 per person with gas cart.

Tough course in terms that you need to know that you want to be below the hole on most greens or risk rolling by the pin 20 feet or in some cases off the front of the green entirely.

I can see where it would get backed up but that was not the case with us. A great golf experience with friends.

Visited October 2011
6 attraction reviews
“A good value and challenging golf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

I decided to avoid the pricier Lake Placid Club and Whiteface Club greens fees ($75 & $100 respectively) by playing at Craig Wood for $35. I was a single, and I was surprised but pleased that the starter let me out by myself, which certainly contributed to the back-up and slow play. Another issue is that this is an inexpensive course, so I'm sure it attracts inexperienced players-I saw several-who don't play quickly or efficiently. With all of that being said, I played golf here twice and thoroughly enjoyed both experiences. The course was in excellent shape, the greens are REALLY challenging, and the staff is friendly.

NJ
“Not Even for Free!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I had high hopes for this course reading a few reviews here and there on the internet and speaking with a few guys at a nearby driving range. The personnel there were very friendly, and unfortunately it goes down hill from there. The course was backed up to start things off, there was bare spots all over, I will say the greens were in really good shape. Tee boxes were so hard my tee were breaking putting the tee into the dirt...yes dirt, not a lot of grass. The course is laid out so opposing holes tee off at each other....yes a 200 yard drive came screaming through the golf cart. We stopped playing after 9 holes, the really nice starter approached us in the parking lot and told us we could start again and play for free, nah I think I'll go back to NJ and play. Lake Placid is for skiing hiking biking and sightseeing....skip it for golf.

Visited July 2011