“Beautiful evening by the fireside.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Attractions in Lake Placid
Type: Golf Courses
Attraction Details
10 attraction reviews
“Beautiful evening by the fireside.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We enjoyed a variety of dishes among the great adirondack furnishings at the Whiteface Golf Club. Service and food were great!

Visited January 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Very nice golf course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice view & very well maintain. Bring your camera when you will play golf at that course for souvenir.

Visited September 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Played the Course Twice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I played this course in August 2011 and thought I would never play it again. I thought the greens were uneven, the fairways had too many divots, and that the staff were unwelcoming of an out of town guest.

I played it again in August 2012, and must say, I was much more impressed with the condition of the course than last year. The greens were in much better condition, the fairways seemed to be well taken care of. And, while I still felt a little bit of a annoyance by the staff for showing up without a tee-time, I did not feel the lack of welcome that I felt last year.

As for the course layout, it's nice, but somewhat frustrating. Even from the tips, I was only able to hit driver on 4 holes. Perhaps because I generally play courses that are in flatter regions, I'm not a fan of every par four, and even a par five, requiring a 200-240 yard layup to get around a sharp dog-leg. I'd much prefer doglegs to give the option of hitting long draws and fades when I want to take the risk. This course takes that option away in multiple locations. If you're looking to work on your hybrids or long irons, it's a great course for technical work.

Finally, while it is a nice course, and it is part of a resort, $100 for cart and greens fees on a weekday is bit high on the price meter. To have the option of going down to Lake Placid Club and playing courses that are just as well maintained, and just as enjoyable to play, for $25 less, it seems the are asking a bit much for this course.

Visited August 2012
New York
“Excellent condition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Played this golf course solo on a Wednesday morning in 2.5 hours. The course is in terrific shape and enjoyable to play. Will definitely play again next time I am in the area.

Visited July 2012
Fayetteville, New York
“Great place to visit, play, and eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Immaculate course, great food, friendly people. We got there early, but were allowed to go out. All were very friendly. Course is wonderful to play.

Visited July 2012