“Great selection, very affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 86 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Chengdu, China
“Great selection, very affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

We stopped in for dinner one night during our stay in Lake Placid and were very pleased with our meal. The restaurant is off the main strip and therefore less touristy and less expensive. It has a great atmosphere, very casual, lively and friendly. The service was great and very quick. The food and drink selection is varied and extensive, and tasty too! The prices are very reasonable - my partner and I each had a beer and split an appetizer, and our final bill including tax and tip only came out to less than $50.

We definitely recommend this place for those visiting Lake Placid, families, young people, couples, everybody!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

upstatenynative4
“All Around GREAT Place to Stop & Eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

My husband and I visited Lake Placid back in October and I still, almost 2 months later, think frequently about the meal I had there. I ordered the "Italian Stallion" sandwich and it was, hands down, the best italian sandwich I have ever eaten!!! The cocktails were excellent as well - not at all watered down like the drinks at too many other places I've visited over the years. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. They were out of my husband's first choice from the menu. He couldn't decide between 2 things anyway so he simply requested the other; no big deal. The waitress still notified the manager, however, and they comped one of his drinks. It was a nice warm, comfortable atmosphere...I will definitely be visiting Lisa' G's again next time we're up North.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Expected more.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We chose Lisa G's for a lunch on our recent trip to Lake Placid; recommended on TA and by "the locals". We asked to sit outdoors as it was a warm November afternoon; nice outdoor seating overlooking a small damn (?) so there is a nice waterfall effect. We had just hiked to the top of Mt. Jo so we were very hungry; ordered burgers, medium rare, and one with a side of fries to share. I requested an extra topping listed on the menu - "sauteed onions and mushrooms". Burgers arrived; mine had sauteed onions, mushrooms AND green peppers - which I can not eat. Waitress offered to take it back but I decided to just pick off the peppers. We cut into our burgers - both were raw. Waited five minutes for a waitress to return to the table and we informed her of our situation; while waiting, we had devoured the fries. She apologized, took the burgers and returned ten minutes later - with the same burgers. They had been taken off the rolls and regrilled - nothing is more unappetizing then regrilled meat. Toppings had fallen off, the cheese practically disappeared and the edges charred. Hmmmmmm. Oh, and they couldn't see the point of dropping us another order of fries for our troubles either. We nibbled at the burgers a bit but, when the waitress didn't return to check on us to see if we were satisfied, we just finished them - we were so hungry. We expected a slight adjustment on the bill; none was offered, nor was a comp of a beverage or maybe a dessert. Just presentation of the bill and have a nice afternoon. Won't be returning, do not recommend. The locals can have this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Simply great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Typical meals done just a bit differently and nothing but quality.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
1000 Islands, Canada
“Good not great - just a bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I don't get the glowing reviews. It's kind of a dull, dreary bar. I agree, the kind of place locals frequent. I live in a tourist town myself and know these places well and just because locals eat there dosen't mean its any better. The locals in my town wouldn't know decent food from crap. They just feel comfortable away from tourist dominated places. It's their safe zone.

There is an outside patio that looks like it would be nice in warmer weather.

Anyway it was good, I might or might not go back again if passing thru.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Lisa G's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lisa G's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.