“Mixed review” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 85 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Ate here on a Monday night, mid April. Place was packed, both at bar and sit down areas. It was 60 cent wing night. Our wait was only about 5 minutes, and both the host and hostess were very nice. Our waitress, also very nice, took our order of appetizers, which were delicious...when they finally arrived. It took almost 20 minutes for them to come, which I find unreasonable. Were it not for similar complaints from other Trip Advisors, I'd call it an anomaly, but seems to be more than a coincidence. It's unfortunate, because the wings were great. The Caesar Salad dressing was a bit too watery, but the lettuce was crisp and fresh. The fish and chips were very good, with a nice, light batter, but the fish portion was too small, only two "medium" size pieces (compared to many other fish plates over the years). Our bill, for the five of us - three adult dinners and two kids meals, plus two appetizers, came to about $80 pre-tax, which I'd consider reasonable. Would I come back on the next visit to LP? Maybe yes, but probably only on Monday, specifically for the wings and a beer or two. Otherwise, Lisa G's doesn't stand out. My "average" rating for the service is a moderation between the politeness of the staff and their courtesy versus the looong waits for the courses.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Rhinebeck, New York
“Affordable but Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were in Lake Placid on a personal trip and wanted lite fare for dinner. Lisa G's was recommended by several. I had the Fish and Chips (2 pieces of tilapia... a little on the dry side) accompanied by enough fresh cut fries with garlic and scallions to serve 3 adults. (Very tasty the excessive portion was unnecessary and overwhelming.) My husband had the New England Clam Chowder (very tasty) and the Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich served with potato chips. He said it was excellent, but again, the portion of chips was huge. The Seven Falls Cabernet Sauvignon was excellent. Would we go back? Yes, however, a word to the wise... Select a table towards the front and on the left. We were in a booth on the right adjacent to the bar ( separated by open windows). The problem was not only the noise from the bar but the fact that people sitting at high top tables in the bar were staring down on us... Very uncomfortable and while a second glass of wine might have been nice, I certainly didn't feel like lingering.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eastern Virginia
“Fun and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great little local restaurant. We are vegetarians and the vegetarian options were few, but excellent. The drinks were strong and good. Maybe a little too strong. We would definitely return

Visited March 2014
Derwood, Maryland
“1st time, last time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We visited on a Sunday night. We were sat promptly but waited a long time for service. I had the Monty Cristo. There was cartilage in the chicken. My wife found some of the chicken in her Asian salad cold and tasteless. Promised bread not delivered. No one asked about our meal.

“Good service, but so-so food. Fries were great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We came here on the recommendation of a local business, so figured that it was frequented by locals.

The Pros:
1. large, spacious eating place. Nice decor, and on the back wall, there is a mural which is a "continuation" of the restaurant that the kids enjoyed playing "find me" games on. It was centrally located.
2. the staff: without question, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Quick and attentive. Everyone had a smile - makes a difference.
3. The fries are excellent.

The Cons:
1. the food was average for an eatery. We ordered 2 burgers, and I specifically asked for the children's burger to be well done, not medium, as I am a concerned parent for E. coli. The burger came out medium, of which my child ate a 1/4 of it before I noticed and checked. The other burger was medium - well, pink, but the other member of our party didn't mind. It was sent back, and cooked to the desired doneness.
2. The southern fried chicken sandwich was OK, but nothing special over a breaded chicken McGrill at McDonald's
3. the hot dog was mediocre and warm, not hot. Not even grilled! It was a boiled hot dog.
4. The salad was nothing special, with balsamic dressing.

Neutral
1. the prices were not too expensive. It was OK for a pub/bistro. $50 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Lisa G's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lisa G's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.