“Looking for good Greek food in the Adirondacks? Come to Mykonos!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Clarksville, Ind.
“Looking for good Greek food in the Adirondacks? Come to Mykonos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I love Greek restaurants, and when I was planning a trip to Lake Placid, I was researching where to eat, and I found that a Greek restaurant was in town. Having read as many reviews on this site as I could, I came in apprehensive. After eating there, I came away, on balance, satisfied. Is the food a bit pricy? Perhaps, but A), it's Lake Placid, and B), by most people's standards, it won't break the bank.

Most importantly, the food was GOOD. I enjoyed my gyro sandwich, and my Greek salad. It's the real deal, on both counts. Moreover, the portions are quite generous too, so be sure to come in hungry -- you won't be disappointed, as what is available will certainly provide a filling meal. FYI, my dinner bill, including tip, was about $32 for one person, so factor that in to your plans. Like I said, though, it's good Greek food, and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lake Placid, New York
“Authentic Greek food with a warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Having dined here many times, the food is always delicious and the portions are huge. The menu is varied and there is something for everyone.

california
“There's nothing like homemade!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I'm Greek, was born and raised near Astoria (which is all Greeks) and every year when I visit Lake Placid I have to make my annual pilgrimage to Mykonos Restaurant. I love this place! All of the food is made in house, they have a nice variety of Greek wines and the owners are great.

The prices here are a little on the high side, but the food is well worth it. I've never left hungry. On the contrary, I normally take some food home with me. The portions, especially for the entrees, are generous and they have a great variety of items to choose from. If you happen to be there on a day that they have the braised lamb on special, get it! It's amazing. The meat literally falls right off the bone. My other favorite is the shrimp dish with the tomatoes and feta. Absolutely delicious!

I really have nothing bad to say about this place. I've been here when it's busy and also when it's quiet and every time I get delicious food, good service and an overall lovely dining experience.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Allegany
“I love the food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I love the food and so did the kids. However, charging for refills seems like you're getting robbed.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allendale, New Jersey
“OK Greek Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Let me preface this by saying that I am Greek, grew up in a home with a Greek Yia-yia cooking authentic Greek food, so my take on the food at Mykonos may be a little nit-picky. My husband and I ate here in July. We sat on the patio outside which was nice. The atmosphere is casual/rustic.
Mykonos does have a good selection of Greek wines and our waitress was friendly and attentive.
We liked the food we ordered...it just lacked that authentic flair. The deep fried items and filo were not crispy...everything could have been left to cook just a little bit longer. My lamb chops were prepared well and there were 4 of them...a NYC restaurant would have charged the same price for 2 lamb chops.

• Visited July 2011