“Nice meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Colonie, New York
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived with only a few diners in the restaurant, which normally makes me wonder why. Our server had a very thick Russian accent, which made it a little difficult to understand. Our appetizer was fried calamari, which really wasn't that great. It was very dry, hard, and had a strange jelly-like sauce with it. I ordered the 18 oz prime rib and my wife ordered Fliet Mignon and broiled lobster tail, both of which were delicious. We had no room for dessert by the time we left. The atmosphere is nice. The booths are a little tight, but comfy and there's a ncie fireplace in the dining area.

Visited February 2013

Utica, NY
“Good dinner at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went with two friends on a Friday night and expected the place to be packed because of all the activities in town, but it wasn't. We got a booth right away. The menu was varied with a wide range of selections and prices. The atmosphere was cozy and relaxed.
Our waitress was very accommodating and gave us the list of specials (and their prices). She brought us warm, homemade bread and drinks. My friends each ordered soup as an appetizer and it came right away. I ordered the petite prime rib for only $14.95. It was juicy, good-sized. It came with a large salad and garlic mashed potatoes. The vegetables, green beans with only one small slice of carrot, were on the skimpy side, however.
My dinner came early compared to my friends and I had eaten almost half my dinner by the time they got theirs. One had the blackened pork tenderloins (3 pieces) and the other had the salmon and I believe they were more than pleased with the portions. When their dinner came, I asked my waitress to please heat up my prime rib and she took care of it. She also gave us separate checks.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Service was slow... but everything else was great... the bread was delicious... and the ubu was yummy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I visited late on a Friday evening. We were greeted by a well presented host who promptly seated us next to the roaring fire, regardless of the late time. Immediately we were offered a variety of specials in which I chose the potato skins, abundant in cheese and bacon. Alongside that we had fresh bread with a decent salad. Not too long after our entrees arrived. A steak Oscar cooked to perfection with a decadent homemade bernaise sauce. My wife ordered a buffalo chicken wrap that had a good of kick to it! Overall I was very happy with my visit and shall return on my next trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Really nice dinner by the fire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at the Fireside and were very happy with our meals. His filet was done just the way he likes it and I had the sizzler and both were very good. Service was good, not too slow and not so fast that you felt hurried. We also make this a must do when we are in Lake Placid and we were not dissappointed. Thanks for a great dinner Fireside!!!!

• Visited January 2013