“Moon Party Is A Bust” 1 of 5 stars

Astoria, New York
17 attraction reviews
“Moon Party Is A Bust”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

They advertised their moon party as having beer, hotdogs, fires and a live band. It was $15 to go plus $15 for snowshoes.

The snowshoes I rented were junk. I ended up walking the trails behind the club, carrying the $15 snowshoes.

I was there for 1.5 hours. I went to the first fire and there was no beer. I was told there was beer at fire number 2. When I got to fire number 2 there was also no beer. I was told there was beer at fire number 1. I went back to fire number 1 and the new keg was already kicked...

I felt robbed of my $30 (junk snowshoes without instructions and kicked kegs).

When I returned my snowshoes I was told by the desk person I should have brought my own beer.

The entire experience reminded me of high school. A keg party in the woods where they run out of beer before you get any.

When I got back to the lodge there was an awful band that took over 30 minutes doing an annoying raffle for a $5 bottle of champagne that nobody was claiming.

I would recommend you skip this place. To date it was my worst trip advisor experience.

Visited January 2013
alpinemotorinn, Owner at Cascade Cross Country Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We're so sorry your Full Moon Party experience wasn't as enjoyable as most! The kegs are changed as soon as a snowmobile can get to them. Also, we rent Tubbs and MSR snowshoes which are widely popular-sorry that we couldn't be more helpful in instructing you how to use them (try putting them on inside next time-it always helps!). Thanks for the tip about the raffle, it is a complimentary gift we thought people appreciated-but will look into skipping over it in the future. Come back during the day and we'd love to offer you and your party a complimentary ski pass and lunch; if you love the Adirondacks and being outside, we're sure we can offer you a better experience!

New York
13 attraction reviews
“Winter wonderland after the snow storm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

They didn't get to groom yet after the storm, so we were making a lot of first tracks. They actually just make tracks. Reasonably priced ($12 each) and the man that helped us at the desk, even waxed our skies for us. Nice touch and was appreciated.

Clifton Park, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Don't go for the moon party.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here because they said they would have a big bonfire and you could have cocoa and hot dogs--it was a very small fire and it was relatively expensive. We rented snowshoes that kept falling off and the people who work there didn't have time to explain how to use them. Seems like it would have been better during the day.

We're so sorry the Full Moon Party did not meet your expections. It is a favorite tradition of locals and visitors alike. We'd love to have you back for a complimentary ski or snowshoe for you and your guests, as we're sure you'd enjoy our trails and lodge during the day!
Lake Placid, New York
30 attraction reviews
“Old Time Cross Country at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Their shop is knowledgeable and friendly and they have a great selection of skis. The chili in the restaurant is so awesome! And the trails are varied and beautiful.

Vermont
7 attraction reviews
“Perfectly groomed trails for Nordic skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Super nice trails, wide, windy, hilly, protected from wind. Signage was pretty good, but take a map with you because getting back to the main lodge was a little tricky.