“No frills, basic - but very clean. Enjoyed our night.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Carriage House Motor Inn

Carriage House Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Carriage House Motor Inn
You added Carriage House Motor Inn to your Saves list
5825 Cascade Road, Route 73, Lake Placid, NY 12946   |
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Ottawa, Canada
“No frills, basic - but very clean. Enjoyed our night.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. We booked it last minute and it seemed to be the last affordable room left in Lake Placid.

The front desk staff were very helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was located across the street from the motel office.

The room was very clean. Three sets of fresh towels. Good toiletries. Very clean bathroom. Nice water pressure and plenty of hot water.

Bed was comfy. We were provided with extra blankets and pillows.

The room was very simple, no frills and basic but it served its purpose! We were satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Canastota, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

First note is you have to check in at the Econolodge across the street which wasn't a problem but a bigger sign notifying you the office was across the street would have been nice.

At first glance, the room was perfect then I went to wash my hands and thats where it all started....
The room was a very good size and did have new carpet, a new tv, a refrigerator and new matresses but the lack of cleaning negated it all.
Cheap place to stay but even for the money I expected a little cleaning to be done before I arrived.
Empty beer bottle found behind the curtains and absolutely no evidence that the room had been vaccumed in months.....yes I said months.
The bathroom had the 'Far Away Look'......... the farther away, the cleaner it looked.
Bathroom was beyond dirty with an amazing amount of hair everywhere. From the sink to the counter to the shower to the floor I was amazed at what I wiped up with the towel. It would have made some people gag to see the hair.
Apparently not only do they not have a vaccum, they cannot afford a broom and mop as well.

I cleaned the bathroom from head to toe before I used anything, including the coffee pot that no doubt was last cleaned with a dirty bath towel.

This place was less than a 5 minute drive from the towns center and was quiet as could be. It should in all rights be a hideden gem but it needs a new cleaning staff that understands what clean is before that will ever happen.

Room Tip: Call and ask that your room be vaccumed and cleaned before you come and ask for a first floor room i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the hotel around 5pm and were greeted by the Barbara, front desk receptionist who gave us a brief overview of the property and highlighted us on places we could visit during our stay, a very pleasant girl.

The room was clean and we had no complaints. The location of the place was alittle out of the way, but a local trolley service was available.

The continental breakfast was fabulous! Hot waffles and coffee. It was delicious.
We were quite impressed with our stay and will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
wallingford pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

we searched for a hotel/motel for one night in the Lake Placid area on our way back from Canada. This seemed to be the only option when we called a such a late date. We did not want to spend an ridiculous amount of money to sleepover one night. The Carriage house seemed to fit the bill. we arrived on Friday afternoon and the room was not ready as we requested. we asked for a pullout cot for the 5th person and we had to call for it. we went to dinner and walked around the town and came back to the room around 9:30-10pm. we were tired from the day out at Ausable Chasm and the ride fro quebec city so we settled in to catch the Olympic highlights. I reached over to turn on the light next to the bed and it didi not work. I soon discovered it did not have a lightbulb. My husband reached on his side and said, take the lightulb from mine. It did not fit.My daughter was brishing her teeth in the bathroom and she said, "mom, dad, look at the light over the mirror, we laughed and discovered it was the lightbulb in the lamp my husband had next to his bed. The other lamp nextto the dresser and the TV did not have a lightbulb either. we all laughed and watched TV in the dark and went to bed. The next day when checking out we found a sock (not ours) under the bed. The room was barely vacuumed. If this was a $69 motel we would have been a little more understanding, but at $149 it was a bit more annoying. The brakfast was standard continental fare. Not spectacular but better than some we've had. The woman at the checkout desk heard my husband explain our story and she did take 10% off but we thought it was a good laugh and a funny adventure on the way from luxry for $249 a night in Quebec and Montreal. Moral of the story, book early to avoid only getting what is left at the last minute.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Carriage House Motor Inn? Share your experiences!