“Cupcake Flavors and Selection are Beyond Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 86 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Dessert, Bakeries
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Adirondack gourmet cupcakes and cakes. Bakery offering muffins, scones, cookies etc.
Saranac Lake, New York
“Cupcake Flavors and Selection are Beyond Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Every time I go here I have the same dilemma, I go in for one cupcake, but after I look at the selections in the case and all the options, I end up getting two different ones. And even after that I feel like I'm leaving something very yummy behind. I have never been disappointed with any flavor I've tried. You can't go wrong! I've never been in a bakery that puts this much effort into creativity and so much care into creating these little cake masterpieces! They are beautifully designed and taste amazing! The frosting and cake are the best I've ever had. It is near impossible to nail down a favorite flavor, but Cookie Dough and Blueberry Pancake come close to #1, but they must fight it out still, I can't choose. The selections change frequently, but they do still always make the favorites too, so every time I go in I get to try something I've never had before and an old standby too. Great people, great bakery! Highly recommended. The best cupcakes I've ever had.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

LI, NY
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I visit Lake Placid once a year and can't wait to get to Cake Placid when we get there. The cupcakes here are outrageously delicious and we attempt to try each one if they aren't sold out, and many times they are. We have tried every cupcake from the snowball, toasted coconut, peanut butter cup, mint chocolate chip, chocolate cream cheese, campfire, etc. without disappointment. Everyone has been moist and delicious with an outstanding topping which is simply perfect. We frequent NYC as we live closer to it and Cake Placid beats the well known Crumbs and Magnolia Bakeries by everything from price, taste, and service and quality. The whole experience is always so very pleasant. So glad Cake Placid was able to rebuild bigger and better after last years fire... Don't pass this place up if you love scratch baked goods.

Bernalillo, New Mexico
“Beautiful Baked Goods!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

An excellent bakery on the main road, Cake Placid has wonderful pastries and confections, not to mention fabulous cakes and pies. We loved the eclair, the cake "lollipops" and donuts.

Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“Best Cupcakes Ever. No joke.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have a cupcake problem and everywhere I travel I make it my mission to find cupcakes.

Cake Placid has delicious cupcakes and the varieties (The 46'r, Mimosa, Champagne, French Trust) we tried were easily among the best cupcakes I have ever tasted. Although it is difficult to directly compare cupcake shops due to the time in between visits, Cake Placid can easily be compared to others (i.e. Georgetown Cupcakes) and be considered among the elite in the Nation.

Live long. Eat cupcakes at Cake Placid.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scotia, New York
“Amazing treats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Cake Placid is our favorite and visit every time we come to Lake Placid. You can get a truly special treat here, chocolate frosting is to die for and they have a large variety of flavors and options for all people. We just love it!

• Visited December 2013