“Room Svc Bkfast was vry good, BUT dinner....” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 85 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Description: Generations is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu feature many foods that are grown and raised locally. Our goal is to keep it as local and fresh as possible, showcasing the many wonderful farms and products that are grown, raised and cultivated in New York's Adirondack region.
Albany NY
“Room Svc Bkfast was vry good, BUT dinner....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ordered breakfast - room service both Sat am and Sun am and it was VERY good.
When we went to the restaurant for dinner on Sautrday night we expected that to be good as well.
I ordered the shrimp linquini WITHOUT the linguini and the waiter delivered my dinner with the linguini. When I reminded him, I ordered it without, he placed my dinner in front of me and said, oh well I am sorry.
The shrimp were very much overcooked.
My daughter ordered the ravioli dinner and her ravioli were also very much over cooked.
Our waiter referred to myself and my daughter as "you guys" during our entire dinner. It became so annoying that even the young couple seated next to us commented to us on how annoying it was to hear him say that repeatedly to us. :(

GenerationsLP, Manager at Generations, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I was very troubled to read your review of your dining experience with us. I believe that what you experienced was a new hire who I've spoken to since then about saying "you guys". I can imagine that being very annoying! I've also spoken to the kitchen about your entree experience and hope that this has rectified the situation. We would welcome the chance to do a better job for you and hope that you will introduce yourself next time you are in the area.

Sara Tagliarino, Manager

Bordentown, New Jersey
“Excellent all you can eat before marathon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've run a few different marathons and Generations had the best all-you-can-eat pasta dinner. There were indoor buffet style options and a chef cooking to order outside. I had an amazing pesto and sautéed vegetables with whole grain penne. While the service was good, the food was outstanding.

Montreal, Canada
“Food that I would make on a Tuesday night at home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Food was average, more like something you would throw together after a days work than expect from a restaurant.

The real problem was level of customer service. When being seated we requested the deck as it was a nice evening. We were told that there was a waiting list for the deck and a table would not be available for us. I found is a bit strange as the group of 4 that entered just before us had no difficulty being seated outside. We were then lead to an interior room. After ordering, I re-entered the main dining room and looked out on the deck to see no less than 5 tables for 2 available.

If the meal had not been part of the hotel package I would have canceled my order and gone elsewhere.

Uncasville, Connecticut
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Generations has a great view with great food. Breakfast and dinner waiters/waitresses all very nice.

Visited May 2014
Rotterdam, New York
“Amazing Food, Great Service: Private Room for Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've eaten at Generations twice. Once in a few years ago for breakfast which was excellent and just his past weekend for my sister's birthday in their private room.

We just celebrated my sister's 40th birthday in Lake Placid and reserved the private room upstairs at Generations for dinner. They staff was beyond accommodating and the food amazing. My family each had the filet mignon with crab cake (Surf & turf), chicken marsala, salmon and bison (special of the night). Everything was cooked perfectly and John (our server) was excellent. It was also a great value.

I highly recommend them and will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2014