“Can't believe they dare to call what they make bagel” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 85 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Bakery
Montclair, New Jersey
“Can't believe they dare to call what they make bagel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Going for bagels in this shop I felt like that character from the TV show "Northern exposure",the Doctor who comes to Alaska from New york and is having problems adjusting to life in a small rural town away from it all.... I'm not from New York, but I live In New Jersey, and I know how a bagel should be. This is not a bagel. It kind of looks like a bagel, and it has a hole in the middle, but it's hard and dry and not fluffy and soft as a proper bagel should be. I would stay clear of that place. Next day we tried a little place on main street which sold Baguettes, and surprisingly it was very good , so go there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Over priced dry bagels”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The manager was grumpy on both occasions we went in, first was to check opening times and second was to purchase, other member of staff wasn't helpful either. Had little left to choose from although I appreciate this was 10am. Purchased 2 x smoke salmon/cream cheese bagels, they were very dry/doughy and cost me $15- I mean come on that's £5.50 sterling per bagel you don't pay that in Central London or NYC, over-priced and poor quality- forget it, do yourself a favour pay a couple of more $$'s and go for a sit down at The Breakfast Club on same street.

Visited August 2013
“HORRIBLE and RUDE service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I are visiting Lake Placid from Newport Beach California with our two daughters and infant son.

My husband was ordering food for all of us to go and the woman taking his order was frustrated with him. He simply asked the other employee to mark the bagels so we would know which one is which. The response he got was "What? I can't mark all of these myself. There's a pen over there. " in the rudest, crass tone of voice you can imagine.

For average food, I recommend that the owners (I hope those weren't the owners!) hire some friendly staff. I grew up in the Adirondacks and would love to enjoy service from some of the more patient and kind locals. So whoever was working on the morning shift of Friday August 16th needs some basic training in customer service.

Needless to say I won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tustin, California
“Wonderful, downhome bagel shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

great small town indpendent bagel shop. Smiling, attentive staff, who remembers us every visit even if we don't get back to Lake Placid for months. Love this place for morning coffee and bagels.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Soul-less not soul shine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very unpleasant experience. Bagels were tasteless - even ordered everything bagels which usually have more taste. When I asked for scrambled eggs, I was told by the cheerless woman at the counter that they only had fried eggs. The egg actually looked like a pre- made, pre-packaged dried up egg? often served in hotel lobbies. At close to $5 for an egg and tiny pieces of bacon on bagel, I was not only dissatisfied but felt ripped off.

Visited July 2013